Review by Star1080

"A fun game, but human cloning is involved, and you have gills"

Crazy Taxi is a game that was originally for the DC and came to the PS2. It's fun and enjoyable for a while, but then it gets a bit tiring.

Gameplay - 6/10
Ah, reckless driving. Isn't it fun? Anyways, the most annoying thing to me was that I saw at least 50 of the same person. An old woman called me ''dude'' and yelled, ''Yo!'' at least 5 times respectively on the same trip. Also, you can drive underwater as long as you want. Hey, they forgot the graphic of the scuba mask when they made the game! Why is my car faster than a subway? I don't mean to be asking for a harder game, but come on. Another thing is that there are only four drivers, and as far as I know, only one city. Is a little variety too much to ask for? The game states that each driver and his/her car is different, but I see no difference. However, this game does have a high fun level for the amount of reckless driving and vandalism. Heck, it reminds me of Grand Theft Auto, but with no cops and no dying, and in 3D mode.

Story - n/a
No story, however, I made this topic to discuss that I wish it had a story. Like Twisted Metal or something. Advance levels, and find out something about each character. Now that would have been a good idea.

Audio/Video - 9/10
Pretty good for PS2, especially the detail of the car, and the cool backgrounds. But one thing. I run into a telephone booth. No damage. I slam into a trolley. No damage. Again, I'm not trying to make the game harder, but a little realism here. The music is pretty good, however, but nothing exceptional.

Replayability - 7/10
It's fun for a day or so, but it's just deja vu from there out. The replay value is good if you haven't played it in a while.

Buy/Rent
This is a good game to rent, but buying it is not a good idea, in my opinion, because it just seems like the same old thing throughout most of the thing.

OVERVIEW
Gameplay - 6/10
Story - n/a
Audio/Video - 9/10
Replayability - 7/10

This is a good game, but nothing special. Like I've said earlier, it is enjoyable for a while, but as fun as it may seem originally, it's never as good later.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 07/05/01, Updated 07/05/01