Review by TrueGamer104

"Watch out!"

Introduction Wow when I first played this game I never realized how addicting it is. The PS2 version perfectly simulates the arcade style of game play and does not cut anything out. Also at the time I am writing this review, the game will have been out for a while and gone down in price, I think it would look nice in your collection!

Gameplay 9/10-The game plays really well and has that addictive feeling when you start playing and you find yourself not being able to put down the controller. Also it is a great game to play with friends only for the competition and mini-games which it is jam-packed with. Is this game fun? Yes definitely. You will enjoy this thrill ride just as much as the next guy will. No there is absolutely no violence or killing or even a sharp object for someone to poke there eye out. This game is just for those looking for pure arcade style fun! This game is not as easy as you think it is. It takes playing it a few times to get used to it and adjust to the controls. The controls were a little confusing and take some time perfecting but nothing to throw the paddle at your TV in rage. All in all this is the best game at making you feel like a genuine taxi driver.

Story 10/10-Uhm...what story?! You drive around picking up customers and driving them to there destinations, easy. If you play this game and can't figure out what to do, shame on you! I gave the story-line an easy 10 for that reason and that reason alone. Taxi driver, man on a mission, now stop wasting time before someone else gets OUR fares!

Graphics/Sounds 7/10-The graphics are gorgeous and pop right in your face. They are nicely polished and squeaky clean. You might find yourself stuck in a grind every once in a while but not bad enough to dis the game and throw it out the window. The beautiful graphics make up for this glitch but caution...stay away from edges where you can possibly tilt and grind every so often. The sounds are really cool and the music is addictive but they could have added way more to the audio tracks. You will soon realize why you have the same song stuck in your head for days. One more problem with this game is that the people screaming at you on the street become quite repetitive in what they say and the people you pick up as well. This got on my nerves, it's like I just dropped this guy off! Oh yeah he must have 5 twins. Other than these things which I stated, this game is A-OK.

Playtime/Replayability 8/10-You will find yourself playing this game a whole lot when you get it, like I said....addictive. This game is great for it's replay value because it's one title which never gets old. It's like every time you play you have a new score to beat or to make. The playtime is your decision, play as long as you like, if you manage to put the controller down in one sitting.

Final Recommendation Well that's my review and yes I do recommend you purchase this game, it is well worth your time. If you enjoyed it in the arcades, you will have this game in the comfort of your own home now. One word of warning though...it's a game you will either love or hate. As for me I love it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/03, Updated 01/05/03