Review by xxSuperShadowxx

"Banjo lovers, bringing together the best of the bear and bird to an original PS2 game, Jak and Daxter is here!!!"

I recently bought Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy without renting it. My friend always says that is a stupid thing to do, but by the end of the five days i'm already 100% done with it. So i bought it and immedeatley regretted something.... Not picking this title up earlier!!!!

So I really loved this game after a few minutes of playing it, i realized one thing, this game was not quite unlike Banjo-Kazooie. I mean the slow-witted, strong talented and charismatic hero, and a comical sidekick that serves several useful purposes. Who couldn't see the resemblance? Well all of my friends for one, but anyways i'll explain that more in this full review of...

Jak And Daxter: The Precursor Legacy!!!!!!!

Graphics-10
Man, the minute you lay eyes on this game you'll be drooling all over your PS2, but don't you'll need that machine intact to explore the rest of this awesome adventure. The most recent adventure i've seen with the graphical power of this game was Luigi's Mansion, another great game, but i won't go into that. Naughty Dog has really hit a gold mine on the graphics, but does the rest of the game live up to the hype? We'll soon see.....

Gameplay-8
Ahh, the gameplay, the 3rd most important thing in a game to me. What is an awesome game with a great musical score if you can't move or do any of the fancy tricks you need to beat the game. The gameplay is very simplistic, and it takes a whole of 10-20 minutes to learn all of your moves. Don't believe me, try the game out for yourself then!

Music-8
Not the best, but definitely NOT the worst in a game. The music in this game can really get stuck in your head fast, and stay there for a loooooooooong time, much like in banjo-kazooie. Not much else to say except the music for fire canyon and precursor basin totally rules!!!!!!!!

Story-7
This is the only bad part of the game, the totally simplistic plot. It goes something like this:
Your best friend Daxter fell in a pit of some goo called dark eco, which transformed him into a weasel-type creature called an Ottsel. You have to travel to the far north to see a wizard that can turn daxter back. Period.

Details-8
Pretty good on details, like positions of starts in the night, and time passes over the course of gameplay. The water is kinda realistic, although not much of it is payed attention to in the game. Most of the detail is awarded to Jak and Daxter, and their immedeate surroundings. Thats about it, pretty good details, but it's no where near the level of detail in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Originality-7
Story original, gameplay however is a whole other story. Collecting orbs reminds me of collecting musical notes in banjo-kazzoie, or collecting gems in spyro. The power cells resemble jiggies from banjo, in that you NEED them to advance, and if you collect them all you get a special ending. Thats the only un-original stuff i can think of so off to overall.

Overall-8
Good game, awesome game, in fact. Do NOT rent it, get your lazy butt out of the house and pick this title up NOW!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be sorry if you don't.

Graphics-10
Gameplay-8
Music-8
Story-7
Details-8
Originality-7
Overall-8

Get this game and thanks for reading my biased review, i'm out to play this wonderful game now.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/29/01, Updated 12/29/01