Review by muska121

"Jak and Daxter: a giant leap from the Crash Bandicoot series."

I've never like the Crash Bandicoot series. But my friend let me borrow that awesome game. I started playing this game around midnight and I got hooked on it. It was around 4 in the morning when I stopped.

Gameplay:Well the gameplay is great and the controls are very easy to learn. It will take about 5 minutes to learn all of the controls. And you can almost never get tired of the game its so fun and quick. Basically you and your little buddy (Daxter) work together in a Banjo-Kazooie + Crash Bandicoot sort of way. First of all, when you press circle you do a spin move that Crash does to attack his enemies. And the playing style is like Crash except one MAJOR difference: a giant 3D world! Yep you can change the camera angle and everything. The world is HUGE and I mean HUGE think of Super Mario 64 except bigger! Well its fairly easy but it has a few challenges in it. And the bosses are huge but there's always a way to defeat them. -10

The Story:Well the story isn't as deep as Final Fantasy or anything but its cool. You are Jak and Daxter(before turning into a weasel thing). You are exploring an Island called ''Misty Island'' and Daxter falls into some Dark Echo and gets turned into that weasel thing. And you work to gather to get power cells in order to change Daxter back. And there are hundreds of ways to get power cells too. Like for example: collecting 7 scout flies and helping the villagers -8

Sound: Sound is great. Every time you talk to one of the villagers you go into a cut scene where the voice actors actually lip-sync to the characters. The overall sound in the world is pretty neat since the enemies have sounds too. -8

Graphics: OO graphics are incredible and the amazing thing about them is how far you can see. You can see everywhere so enemies can't cheap shot at you! The graphics are also crystal clear!-10

Buy it or Rent it? eh? My suggestion is to rent it before you buy this game since some people may not be into these kinds of games. And if you really like it then I would buy it.

Overall Score-9 Well its a good game but its not the best in the entire world but it deserves a look at it. And its. It will take you back to the Crash days! So have fun!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/31/01, Updated 12/31/01