Review by Gillamobster

"It could have been much better than it was"

''Jak and Daxter'', by no means is a bad game, it just could have been better. I personally found the game extremely enjoyable, and I would recommend it to anyone. My personal feelings of the game were as follows;

Graphics: I don't really look for graphics when I want to buy a game, I find the other aspects more important. Though, for those of you who are curious, I thought the graphics were alright. Many other reviewers have given the game's graphics a perfect score, I disagree. Although the graphics are good, I didn't feel impressed. They were pretty PS2 standard, so there was nothing to rejoice, or complain about.
My score: 8

Gameplay: The diverse areas, and multiple vechiles really inhance the gameplay. I enjoyed riding the ''Flut-flut'', and the ''Zoomer'', and the various power-ups were also quite entertaining. The only major flaw in the gameplay is that it ends too quickly. The game is quite short, I beat it in about twelve hours. I'm not saying this ruins the game, but it would have been better with maybe around eight more hours.
My score: 8.7

Story: The story was amusing, and it was humorous. Though, the end did leave me wanting more, I won't take that against the creators of the game. The story is filled with interesting twists, and 'go fetch' requests.
My score: 9.2

Replay value: As I previously said, the game was too short. It may be worth replaying the vechile-levels, for the shear fun, and I did find adventuring around interesting. Once you beat the game, you can always beat it 100%, if you wish, so my score for gameplay would have to be: 8.2

Buy or Rent: It really depends, if you think it's worth spending $50 dollars on a twelve-hour game, feel free to buy it (I sure did). It makes a nice addition to any videogame collection, and I can see myself replaying it in a couple of months. Though, if you're the type of person who just wants to finish it for the satisfaction of just 'beating' another video game, then rent.

As I said in the beginning, it's an excellent game, just lacking. I loved the game, it is one of my favorites, and I welcome a sequel with open arms. I reccomend this game to every videogamer that appreciates, and can see a good game when it is infront of them.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/07/02, Updated 02/07/02