Question from GAMEFRAK100

Which power should I pick?

I'm at the very beginning of the game where you choose which strength and weakness you want. Which would be better to choose for each strength and weakness?

falconesque answered:

Just so you know, those are TheKamikazeWarrior's still-incomplete Ability Guide (29K) and Spirit_Slash3r's PAL walkthrough (794K). And you should be warned, the latter opens up with a complete story analysis -- huge spoiler turf.

The mechanics behind all of the opening choices is detailed in full in Zarathustra's Level Information guide (11K). Contains both stat and ability tables.
www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/516587/19614

Also, if you return to the top Answers page, use Search Questions to look for "sword" and you'll find lots of other opinions on this very frequently asked question.

BTW, for low-spoiler walkthroughs, I'd recommend CJayC's (good for finding signposts) or ElectroSpecter's (most thorough; nifty ability and gear tables).
0 0

Answers

Carbuncle009 answered:

It depends on your Style. I highly recommend NOT taking the sword, if you don't care about the change in abilities.

www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/19899

This has a list of abilities Sora can learn if you choose a certain weapon.

www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/34818

This has a list of Stats(at lvl 1) that sora gets w/ different comb. Just go to the In-Game Walkthrough.
0 0

falconesque answered:

FWIW, if I have no particular aim, I choose the power of the guardian (shield) and give up the power of the warrior (sword). That may not suit your aim, however.

Choosing the power of the mystic (rod) offers a few very nice benefits. And choosing the power of the warrior is great if you want the most challenging playthrough possible. I recommend against giving up the power of the guardian, however, unless you seek a grueling struggle at the start.
0 0

falconesque answered:

Answer from the heart. The game very neatly conveys that your choices have consequences, and that's remarkable to find in a game. Make your choices, own the consequences.
0 0

Which of the five boxes in Wonderland would i pick? Answered maxiine31
Power up??? Answered johncenagurl15
Why do you need power? Answered Pigpen29
Where can I find Serenity power ? Answered Hidethecandy
I can't find any power gems? Answered dizorigano