X button not working in Kingdom hearts?

1. The x button does not work in game. It works fine in the setup where you pick normal or expert and vibration on or off but once in the game it doesn't work. The first game play screen that comes up with snowwhite on the floor and I have to pick either sword, sheild, or magic, I can not pick anything. I can only move the cursor up and down from yes to no but can't choose either with any of the buttons. When I unplug and replug the controller, it picks whatever choice it was on. I already took the game back once and traded for another copy. Please help. I'd love to play this game.

User Info: crystaldragon99

crystaldragon99 - 5 years ago

1. If it's an original Sony-brand DualShock 2 controller, you may need to replace it. There's an obscure problem with that controller. When unplugging the controller seems to "fix" the problem is a strong indicator you've run into the breakage.

No kidding, to learn more read "Appendix A: Controller Issue" of Maltzsan's Game Mechanics FAQ for Final Fantasy XII (around 392 KB):

www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/45900

If you're using another brand of controller, try the original DualShock2 that came with your PS2.

And if you're playing on something other than a stock PS2, that's something else you might wanna rule out. Try a friend's PS2 or controller; see if the local gaming guru might help you out.

Which release of the game you're playing may also be significant, since in the Japanese releases the cross and circle buttons are reversed.

User Info: falconesque

falconesque (Expert) - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Also, if you're playing on a PS3, visit playstation.com and check your firmware. They change their pages all the time, but the last good link for North America I had was:

www.us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PS3

User Info: falconesque

falconesque (Expert) - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Uhh dude i don't why u keep exchanging it but the reason why it not doing anything becuz u have to jump on the stone where the sword,sheild & wand is at so its working but if that not it i'll check it out later on mine i already beat mine love to play it again.

User Info: slycooper94

slycooper94 - 5 years ago 1 1
  3. Heh, good point, slycooper94. (Love when I miss the obvious.) Cheers.

crystaldragon99, look for a small black rectangle on the screen. Teaches you what button (circle in North America) is used for jumping.

User Info: falconesque

falconesque (Expert) - 5 years ago 0 1
  4. I'm having the same issue on mine, my controller used to work for it but not anymore. It still works for all my other games but not that one. :(

User Info: Yelliab

Yelliab - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. If you click the right analog stick it works the same as x but its annoying

User Info: jhorbok

jhorbok - 5 years ago 0 1
  6. Yelliab, save up for a replacement controller. My old DualShock2 failed differently in different games -- one button here, another button there. It failed first in a Squaresoft game (FFX) and just got worse and worse. Even if you're faithful with hand washing and maintaining the controller, they all fail eventually.

User Info: falconesque

falconesque (Expert) - 5 years ago 1 0
  7. click the right analog stick it works ike an X

User Info: Sonicfan96

Sonicfan96 - 4 years ago 0 1