Question from Blackdrazon

How does levelling temps work?

Specifically, how does levelling temps affect Donald or Goofy? They seem to gain levels in relation to the temp, and pick up any Abilities they missed the next time they level, but how does it effect their stats?

From: BFarmer1980 6 years ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that leveling occurs the same across the board no matter who is in your active party.

In other words, if you're in, say, Agrabah, and Aladdin is in your party replacing Goofy, the point levels that you're gaining from defeating enemies are are applying to all four party members, including Goofy, even though he's not actively in your party. If the points gained send Goofy to a level where a new ability would be gained, he will still gain that ability, even though he's not in the active party. If the leveling would simply result in an increase in stat for Goofy, that will also be applied, whether or not he's in your active party.

Likewise, if you're in Agrabah and your party consists of Sora, Donald, & Goofy, the points you earn are also being added to Aladdin's total, and he'll level up and gain any stat increases or new abilities as if he was in the active party.