Review by vuki196

"One of the amazinest games of the world"

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
Over all the gameplay for Kingdom Hearts was pretty awesome. In the game you started on an island as Sora and have to do a few things to get off that are pretty simple. Once you get off the story really begins. After being pulled from the island you end up in a small town called Traverse Town which the beginning part of the story revolves around. After running around Traverse town for a while and finding Donald and Goofy and meeting Cid, Leon and the rest of the gang you get off the world and are thrown into space with a few worlds to choose from, this is where the story really gets started. I personally loved the gameplay and give it a 9 out of 10.

I thought the storyline of the game was very good and thorough about explaining what was going on. The story itself was very good getting better as it progressed. The game itself only takes about 20 to 25 hours to finish unless you're going for a hundred percent just like its sequel KH II. If you go for 100% it takes a little bit longer. The whole idea of kingdom hearts was pretty sweet.

Graphics/cincimatics: 9/10
The graphics were definitely up to squeenix's standards. They were very detailed especially the movies in the game. You can see the faces clearly (duh) and the colors were pretty good to. The people were very 3D and life like. The cincimatics were amazing and very alive. They made the game more realistic and gave a nice feel to it. The only bad thing about the movies is that you couldn't skip them if you wanted to, a real big pain/bore 12 or 13 time through the game.

Music and sounds: 10:10
The music was real good and drew you into the game. Almost all of the songs fit the scenes they were played during. The sounds were also really good. In example like when attacking someone with the all-powerful keyblade you'd here the keyblade striking opponents. Together the music and sounds of the game would really make the playing experience a whole lot better.

Characters: 10/10
The characters were amazing. At first I thought the 3D thing would kind of screw it up but it was amazing. I also thought that taking characters from Final Fantasy would make the game seem less original. Obviously I was wrong. There is no way a character like Sepheroth or Cloud could ever make a game worse. With Sepheroth, the Phantom, and Kurt Zisa as optional bosses the game was even better.

Overall Kingdom Hearts was easily one of my favorite games ever. The length was great could have been a little longer though. The characters, gameplay, music, sounds and graphics had me all for the game as soon as I found out about it. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone. I would say that even some people who don't like this style of game would love this game. I would love to give this game a 10 out of 10 but since not being able to skip through the scenes after beating the game multiple times I'd have to give the game a 9 out of 10. Also the game has amazing replay value and never gets old or boring.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/25/09

Game Release: Kingdom Hearts (Greatest Hits) (US, 12/31/04)