Review by TheCKey

"From the halls of Hollow Bastion, To the dunes of Agrabah..."

...sorry about that! I was singing to the tune of "Halls of Montezuma", but I never was a great songwriter...anyway, down to reviewing shall we?

Kingdom Hearts...an epic adventure of a video game where Disney and Squaresoft (now Square Enix) unite and give us the opportunity to visit our favorite places in the Disney film industry, such as Agrabah, Halloween Town, and Neverland, as well as new places, such as Traverse Town, Destiny Islands, and Hollow Bastion. With the accompaniment of Donald, Goofy, and various other Disney characters, like Aladdin and Beast, you play as a character named Sora, a 14-year old boy who is chosen to wield the keyblade, and seal the keyholes of all the worlds.

*Gameplay: 10/10. You can choose the way you will fight. Use magic. Hack and Slash. Take opportunities. Go in charging. You decide. It is real easy to handle, as long as you press the right buttons. You can also fly what is called a "gummi ship", and you can choose its design, or make your own!

*Graphics: 10/10. I've played quite a few games, and this one blows the majority away graphic-wise! I can see individual leaves, it's that good!

*Replayability: 10/10!!! I am going to give a bit of emphasis on this: in the beginning, before anything really gets going, you can choose what you will specialize in, what you won't be as good at, and how fast you will level up. Depending on what you choose will determine a lot when it comes to leveling up. So...you could have a numerous amount of different combinations, each affecting how your playing will be like. You can also choose between two difficulty levels, so that doubles the possibilities!

*Everything else: 10/10. You have your heroes, your villains, your NPCs, and, of course, yourself. A total of over 100 characters, some that are required to meet, some that are optional. Some you must win against, some you can breathe easier, knowing the fight will not kill you. Choose your own keyblade, your allies for every world, your style of fighting...endless amounts of things to list.

So, overall this game gets...a whopping 10/10! I personally would give it 11/10, but I am kind of restricted on that. So, 10/10...and this is coming from a very picky game-player! So take my word for it: this game will blow you away!

*Buy or rent? Rent if you must, buy if you can! This game is a must-have! Only rent if you think I am a liar, that you think this game does not hold its own. But, if you see it being sold, whether at a game store, at Wal-Mart, on eBay, wherever, I beg you to buy it! You won't regret! Au revoir for now! Back to my songwriting...

"From the halls of Hollow Bastion,
To the dunes of Agrabah..." :)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/06/11

Game Release: Kingdom Hearts (US, 09/16/02)