Review by Nyteguy

"One of the MOST amazing gameplay experiences ever"

Square + Disney Interactive = One of the most unique, and excellent games ever to hit the shelves. You see your favorite Disney characters, and your favorite Square characters. From Tidus to Jafar to Hades, this game has it all. Lets only hope a second one comes out:)

This game has some of the most amazing graphics ever, surpassing even Final Fantasy X, they are simply amazing. Check the game out yourself in some of the screen shots found everywhere to see what I mean:)

Voice Acting/Sound/music: 10/10
Wow! Absolutely AMAZING voice acting. None of that crazy HA HA HA from Final Fantasy X in this masterpiece. The voices really adds to the effect of this game. All of the music is excellent except for the theme song Simple and Clean by Utada Hikaru. It is J-Pop at its best/worse :P I don't mind it much, it just didn't fit the game very well.

This is where this game was made. There are tons of mini games, and while some people do not like the Gummi ship, I loved it:) I'll start with the one, and ONLY problem I have found in this game:

The Camera: It is pretty bad, but luckily you can change in the configuration to let the game handle it, or change it to manual, and you have complete control over it. I personally used the Auto mode, just to relax a bit while I was playing:) (If you have alot of trouble, you can go into First Person Mode by pressing Select on the controller. And to rotate it manually you simply use R2/L2 Buttons

The Battle System: ^___^. So amazing and fun to use. No more dull turn based and repetitiveness of the Final Fantasies. You gain levels in a Platform/Adventure sort of way. Its an RPG hybrid type system, and a well done one at that. You hit the enemy, and do a 3 X button combo, either in the air or on the ground. And to prevent just holding someone in the corner, there are counter-attacks, and there is also a short delay after the combo. Once you kill an enemy, they usually drop a variety of items for you. They have many different kind of items, some are Shards, some are Potions. 99% of the time they drop a mix of Munny, which is the game currency, and some Hp and Mp fillers. And you get EXP from this, and also performing various blocks from the enemy. You also have Donald and Goofy to give you some backup, albeit I recommend you stock on some potions, Donald seems to have some trouble staying alive at first.

Rent/buy: Buy
See review;)

I would rate it higher if it were possible:) Definitely the most amazing game, and buy it as soon as you can, for it is well worth it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/20/02, Updated 09/20/02