Review by THAguyINgta3

"A game for the beautiful people"

Kingdom Hearts has got to be one of the most satisfying role playing games I’ve ever played in my life. It is also one of the best team ups in history of gaming. Who would of ever pictured Square Soft and Disney characters in a beautiful game just like this. There are so many cameos in this game for example, Tidus and Wakka from Final Fantasy 10 or Leon (Squal from Final Fantasy 8) and even Cloud from Final Fantasy 7. There are also so many Disney characters who make some cameos such as Simba from the Lion King and not to mention Donald Duck and Goofy who play a huge part in the game, they are your allies and companion throughout the whole game.

Gameplay: The controls are very easy. “X” is to attack or select an option in your menu. You jump by pressing Circle and assign some magic spells to the other buttons and press the “L1” button to activate it. One thing though that I must say is holding the game back is it’s tedious camera angles. It is very hard to see where you must jump in order to win some races and to fight the bosses and the enemies.

Story: The story is plain and simple but yet overwhelming. You are a boy named Sora and accompanied by your two friends Riku and Kairi. All three of you want to see the world and explore many different places. As this is happening, a terrible tragedy has taken place in the “Magic Kingdom”. Their king, Mickey, has gone and left. His two friends Goofy and Donald Duck has set off to find him and while finding him, they meet Sora who has been taken from his world along with Riku and Kairi into unknown territories. Now, the new group has set off to an adventure in order to find their precious love ones.

Sound: The sound in the game is fantastic. You will love the music each new world will play as you progress. The music is very whimsical along with the characters and setting and holds a fantastic mood for each world.

Graphics: Oh my GOD! All I can say is that the graphics in the game belong on a museum and not just on a TV and console (PlayStation 2).

The replay value in the game will offer the player many hours of countless fun. This game is definitely worth the price and you will just love it!

Final words:
If you love action games and role playing games, you’ll love Kingdom Hearts. This game has everything you can ask for in an RPG. Great sound, gorgeous graphics, and a whimsical story. Get it now or forever hold your peace!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/20/02, Updated 01/25/03