Review by hriggs

"Probably the best game I have ever played."

There is no way to start this review off but with the word wow. This game is amazing. I have played through this game so many times and I still come back to play it again and again. I have probably played this game for 400- 500 hours, and I still come back to it. Now let's start the review of one of my favorite games of all time.

Graphics
10 out of 10.

These graphics are awesome. The opening cutscene has graphics as if they were taken out of a movie. It looks as if someone is finally using the Playstation 2's graphical capability. The overall game graphics are pretty decent as well. Disney and Square Enix characters are easily identified, and look as if they were pulled from their cartoon and game. The ememies look pretty cool also. There is no way to put it other than this, this game has awesome graphics. Overall, I give graphics a 10 out of 10.

Sound and voices
10 out of 10.

Yet again, the sound is once again great. The sounds in this game are pretty cool. The voices on the other hand, are awesome. Goofy and Donald's voices are exactly like they do in their respective cartoons. You also have other characters such has Hades, Phil, Mickey, Minnie Mouse, Daisy, and The Queen of Hearts. There are many more that I don't feel like mentioning, but they all sound pretty close if not exactly like they do in their respective movie or cartoon. Yet again, I give sound and voices, a 10 out of 10.

Music
10 out of 10.

Another excel for Disney and Square Enix. The music sounds like it fits for each place. The music sounds professional, which is good for this game. The game also includes the song "One Winged Angel" which some Final Fantasy 7 fans will recongnize. Overall, music recieves a 10 out of 10.

Storyline

Ah, the best part of the game... the storyline. This game's storyline never gets old for me. You are a 14 year old boy named Sora. You have friends named Riku and Kairi. You are peacefully living on the island, and you are curious about other worlds because Kairi came from another world, that she can't remember. You decide to build a raft, to sail of to other worlds. One night, however, Sora notices a storm outside and goes to put the raft inside. Sora notices a huge black ball in the sky and also notices that his friends boats aren't put away either. He then looks for his friend Riku to ask where Kairi is. Sora notices he is acting weird, he is talking about the darkness. The next thing Sora knows is that he has a mysterious blade, called the "Key Blade." Then Sora is attacked by some little heartless guys, and he kills them. You then enter a door and notice Kairi standing in front of a mysterious door. She then is about to say something to you and the door bursts open. She goes flying right through you and you get blown outside. You then encounter a giant shadow guy that looks like you. You then beat up him and then you are sucked through the big black hole thing. Then, you get the story from Goofy and Donald. Donald is believing that the day would be a normal day, but he notices that King Mickey is missing. He freaks out and notices a note, left buy King Michey, in Pluto's mouth. He rushes to go see Goofy about it, and is about to tell him that he can't tell anyone about it when Daisy and King Mickey's wife, Minnie is standing behind them. They then talk about what is happening and decide that they will follow what King Mickey said. Goofy and Donald, accompanied by Jiminy Cricket, who just lost his world, to go find a "key." They then leave to go to Traverse Town in a Gummi Ship, which you fly a lot during the game. Then it goes back to Sora, and you awake in a mysterious town that turns out to be Traverse Town. You then look around the town. After you explore the town, you have a battle with Leon. After that, you faint and you are in a house, with Leon and Yuffie in it. You are then told more about the story and about a man named "Ansem," who wrote a report that King Mickey is believed to be searching for. After that, the heartless discover where you are and you run. When you get out there, you finally encounter Donald and Goofy and have your first battle with them accompanying you.

This game has a great storyline, but that is only the first hour or two, there is many more hours of great storyline that you will enjoy in here. The story goes to many famous Disney places, such as Wonderland, the Tarzan World, Agrabah, Halloween Town, and Neverland. The storyline in this game is so immersive, that if there was a rating higher that 10, I would give this game it. But anyways, I give this storyline a perfect 10 out of 10. Great job Disney and Square Enix!

Gameplay
10 out of 10.

Ah, yes, the most important part of every video game. This game does not lack. It is mainly a hack and slash game, but with variety of different things to do. You are armed with a Key Blade, which is fun to use to destroy your enemy, the heartless. You have many different tasks to do also, which adds to the variety and enjoyment. There are also many abilities to toy with and equip. They range from the simple combo plus to the more complicated such as Counter Attack. You can level up by killing enemies, and by doing things such as counter attacking and guarding and blocking the enemies attacking.

You can also fly your gummi ship. You basically fly through space and shoot other enemy gummies which is pretty fun. You can actually customize your gummi to look like anything you want. I really love creating odd looking gummies. It's fun to make a gummi out of nothing, and give it a huge engine. You can choose from a variety of colors to use, and many different shaped parts to customize your ship to whatever you look like. Your ship is rated by speed and armor. You find armor parts most from just other enemy ships, while you find the speed parts from the gummi shop in Traverse Town. The scale is based on a one, two, or three stars. Once you get three armor and three speed the gummi part of the game is easy. The gameplay doesn't get repetitive, and I also give it a perfect score... a 10 out of 10. Another good job by Disney and Square Enix!!

Replay Value
10 out of 10.

The replay value in this game is very high. You can start out with three different character specifications. You can excell in one thing, but you must be bad in something. The three choices are Power, Defense, and Magic. There is also two difficulties which add replay value. There are literally TONS of little mini games that you will not notice the first time you play through the game. I'm still finding stuff I didn't notice! I just found one the last time I played that I didn't even expect! You can also collect 99 of the 101 Dalmations, which are fun to search for and will add many many hours of gameplay and repaly value to this game. You can also search for the trinties, which are little things on the ground that give you little bonuses. There are five different types of trinities blue, red, green, white, and yellow, and each has it's own specific ability with them. There is tons of replay value, which is why I am still playing it, and is also why I give this great game a perfect score... a 10 out of 10.

Conclusion and Overall Scores:

This game is amazing. There is no RPG game that I seem to play and enjoy more than this game. It has amazing graphics, sound and voices, music, storyline, gameplay, and replay value. I love this game a lot, and it deserves this score. I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to play a good game. It may look like it should be for a kid, instead, it is a game that I enjoy and come back to. If you are looking for anything to do with your Playstation 2, or any game to play at all because you need something to do, go get Kingdom Hearts now.

Graphics:10
Sound and Voices:10
Music:10
Storyline:10
Gameplay:10
Replay Value:10

Everything in this game is perfect, which gives this game a perfect score, a perfect 10 out of 10!

Buy/Rent/Don't Buy

Definately buy this game, if you rent it, you will want it more. Go get it now... I said now!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/04/05