Review by fizban7

"Reasons to buy Timesplitters 2"

The best way to summarize a game like this is to first list what is good about the game... and then what it bad about the game. Leaving simple descriptions to help you decide whether you want to purchase it or not. But like all games I recommend renting it first, or purchasing it from a store with a good return policy.

The Goods:
The characters. The game has so many different characters to choose from. All with their own personality and even story. It really makes you strive to unlock them all. Unlike many games with tons of mindless junk to unlock for the sheer purpose of 100 % completion.

It’s got a monkey. One of the playable characters is a monkey…. What else can you ask for?

Weapons. The game has a variety of weapons that are very unique and fun to mess around with. While there are not as many as some FPS’s the game still holds its own based on the difference in all the weapons. (how many different kinds machine guns do you want?!)

Game play. Obviously the strongest point in the game. Furious multiplayer mixed with engaging single player that will keep busy for months! Even years if you suck! (Day and night.) There are amazingly well done cut scenes before every level that will make your jaw drop. And if you think that multiplayer comes down to Death Match and Team Death Match you are sadly mistaken. Game play modes such as Monkey Assistant, and Vampire are among my favorites. But wait there’s more! 60+ challenges will keep you going even longer, striving to get those characters will soon be come more important than eating and going to the bathroom… There was one point where I was so frustrated over beating this one challenge to unlock the character Robo-fish, that if I could have had a choice between finding the cure for cancer and getting Robo-fish… I would probally have to cure cancer. But it was a really close call.

Sound. Simply astounding. All these different tracks. The music in this game is so well done. Has to some of the best I’ve heard in a game in a very long time. Every track fits so well with the levels. The score for Notre Dame almost makes me wish they would make a movie out of this game. FX are up there too.

Graphics. I don’t even want to mention how beautiful this game looks for fear that I will think about it too hard and go blind… oh… oh no I can’t see… I can’t see! Kljlkj;lkj!

The Bads:

THERE IS NO BADS!!! The only reason this game didn’t get a full 10 is because I want more!

My overall score of this game is 9/10

I hope this review made you laugh, perhaps cry… but most of all I hope it made you all want to buy the game

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/21/02, Updated 10/21/02