Review by Hackmast

"The best 3-D Fighting game"

I never really like Tekken games at all, I was all into Capcom fighting games. Until I came into a arcade one day, put my money into the Tekken 4 machine, and played it until I ran out of money. I never knew 3-D fighting game could be so fun. I was always into animation. The graphics were mind blowing. The background, were also extremely good, with lot's of detail. Which made it cool to pick a level to fight in. After playing Tekken 4, I played all of them. Tekken 4 to me is far by the best Tekken yet.

The graphics are beautiful. They aren't all pointy, like the previous ones. They are so smooth, and detailed. The characters could be alive. The characters are so well done, so detailed. Their costumes are really cool to, especially Jin's. The backgrounds are amazing. They put a lot of detail in that. You can run under stuff, go around stuff, walk down steps, and get slammed into rails. It's probably the best graphic fighting game out there.

Control/Gameplay: 10/10

It took a while to get use to for me, just because I was so accustomed to the Street Fighter controls. It's very easy to master the basic controls, it's hard to master the big combo controls. There some moves that can practically kill you in one hit, if you can get down the combo moves. The gameplay is like the rest of them, but smoother. Nothing very much different. The best are the endings, to get to know what happens to everyone. That's what keeps me hooked.

Music/Sound: 8/10

Alright, I never really like Fighting game music. It just doesn't get to me. I mean it's good and all. Especially Jin's, and Kazua's music. It's just not addicting like some music from video games. I really like the sound they put it in though, everything makes sound, from walking in the water, to just stepping around. You can see that they put a lot of time into sound.

I can't wait until this game comes to the PS 2. I hear they will have some extra modes, so that means double the fun and action. I've already reserved my copy. If your like what I use to be, a Capcom fan, I wouldn't say no to this game, give at least one chance. I did, now I love it. Don't just play it because it's 3-D, that's what I did.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/12/02, Updated 08/12/02