Review by XenoFan9

"Xenosaga...The Best Game Ever Made"

When I first heard Xenosaga was coming out I ran to my local EB and pre-ordered my copy. After that I patiently waited months for its release. The day it came out and the day after I skipped school to play it. I played non-stop for 2 days.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics are incredible, this game is a great example of what a PS2 is capable of. In the opening intro the people look so real, you really feel like you're there watching the event from a distance. Namco spent a lot of time making the characters seem as real as they can.

Sound 8/10
The sound is pretty cool at first but then it just gets old. It's not annoying it's just that listening to the same tune over and over isn't that fun. Every fight in the game has the same music, there is no special boss music. The saving grace for this category is the voice acting, the characters are not mono toned and there's so much emotion in their voices that it'll blow you away.

Story 10/10
If you're looking for a story with twists and turns this is the game for you. It starts at an excavation site and then takes you 4000 years into the future where you play as Shion. There are a lot of cut scenes in the game that help progress the story. The voice acting helps by making you feel like you're really there. As you progress through the game you will want to keep playing to see how the story progresses.

Characters 10/10
Character development in my opinion is the most important part of a game. If the characters suck so does the game (i.e. Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy 5, and Final Fantasy 8). In Xenosaga the characters are all cool in their own ways. The voices did a good job at showing the gamer how each character reacts to certain events. After each cut scene a character may say something to themself and this helps them develop as the story progresses.

Replay Value 10/10
I'm the person that'll play through an RPG over and over until I feel that there's nothing more I need to know about everyone and everyplace in the game. I'd play through the game again just to play Xenocard. Xenocard is a card game (i.e. Pokemon, Dragonball Z, or Magic)and just like all card games you can buy starter sets and booster packs to get the cards you need for your ultimate deck. It's fun and it doesn't cost anything except for the cost of Xenosaga.

Overall 10/10
This is a must have for any true RPG fan. I loved every minute of it and I can say this is my favorite game of all time. I can't wait for episode 2 to come out.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/01/03, Updated 03/01/03