Review by wolverinefan

"Fun movie based game"

Story
Peter Parker is bitten by a genetically mutated spider. He gains powers that let him shoot webbing and walk on walls/ceilings. He becomes a wrestler and one night his boss get robbed and the young man could have stopped him but didn't. Later the young man finds out his grandpa has been killed and sets out to find the killer. The story follows the movie but a few things have been changed here and there. The story is decent but it didn't keep me interested. I give story a 7/10

Control
The control is pretty easy to learn until you find new combos which can be a pain trying to remember and some are hard to do. Swinging around the city is pretty easy but it does take some time to get use to it. I give control a 9/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
The voice of Peter Parker and the Green Goblin are done by the guys who play them in the movie which is cool but I was hoping Kirsten Dunst would do the voice for Mary Jane since she plays her in the movie but for some reason she doesn't do the voice in the game. The biggest and best thing about the voice acting is that the voice that helps you during training is Bruce Campbell! Bruce Campbell is very funny and makes doing the training stages worth while. The sound effects are good and everything sounds fine. The music fits perfectly, I'm not sure if it's from the movie or not. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 10/10

Game play
There are around 20 stages and they vary in setting and objectives. Some stages have you swinging around the city fighting the Green Goblin or chasing after some one or hunting someone down. Other stages take place in buildings where the objectives vary from finding a guy to sneaking around and looking for the password to open a door. The variety keeps the game feeling fresh and it never really gets old. There are secrets and new moves to be found so it's worth while to explore everywhere. After every stage you get a stats type screen that says how many points you get for each thing and your total. You use the points in the secret store and they unlock some really cool things. The AI in the game is about average but it isn't too bad. I give game play a 9/10

Replay Value
You'll probably replay the levels to unlock all the secrets and there is plenty of them. The stuff you unlock in the secret store is really cool, some are movies while others are mini games. My favorite mini game was the bowling one. In the bowling game you had to swing and the pins and you just hit the kick button to knock down pins. It sounds easy and kinda boring but it all depends on when exactly you hit the kick button and I found this mini game very addictive. Overall there is plenty of stuff to keep you coming back for more. I give replay value a 9/10

Final Score
I give Spider-Man a 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/12/07

Game Release: Spider-Man: The Movie (US, 04/15/02)