Review by Carpell

"This is a really really good game."

Hi, before the review starts I would like to tell all you people who don't like farming games, should try and play this game. It's not just about farming. It's more like life. Well, here's the review.

The sound in this game is GREAT. It has one for all the seasons. You can hear the rain drop down on the ground when it rains and you can hear the birds. The tunes here is great to listen to. I didn't get bored of it.

Control: 9/10
The controls in this game is good but it's not the best. It took me a while before I got use to it. I did some crazy stuff because I pressed the wrong button. Even though, it's still good.

I wished I could of given the graphics 6 billion/10 but I can't. The graphics are just too good to be true. I was so surprised that the graphics are this good. I heard the graphics are good but I never thought it would be this good.

Like most Harvest Moon games, there isn't really a story to the game. In Save The Homeland you are taking care of your grandfather's farm. Tony, you grandfather, died. You cam to this place and was told that this town/village was going to be turned into a theme park in 1 year. You have that much time to make them keep the place.

Replay Value: 10/10
Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland has 9 different endings. Yes, you heard me right, 9 different endings. That is a lot of endings for 1 game so playing it over and over still makes it fun.

Like the graphics I wish I can give it more than 10. I just love it. It's so interesting. Everyday is a new one. But one thing I don't like is that there is no marriage in Save The Homeland. Yes you can still get the girls to love you but you can't marry each other. There is also no festivals like the other Harvest Moon games. Even though the game don't have these things and I'm sure some people love the festival and marriage there is some stuff to make up to it. There is events that happen if you are good friends with people from town, or it takes hard work to get your dog and horse. That makes it more challenging and fun. So the game is still fun.

To BUY or NOT TO BUY? That is the question.
BUY IT BUY IT. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. But for those who don't like to wait to get results from a game probably hate this game. Those who have been fans of Harvest Moon should really get a copy of it. (It's about 85 dollars.) So BUY one. Bye for now.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/30/01, Updated 12/30/01