Review by Majin Kenshin

"If you have the other games, don't bother"

Ah a new Harvest Moon game. I love the series, I've played everyone of them. So obviously when I got a PS2 for Christmas, this was one of the first games I bought. I'm sure what you want to know is ''is this game fun?'' welll yeah. For a while. It has 9 endings, but I doubt you will actually play through the game 9 times. Maybe you'll play through it 9 times in your life time.

Story:8/10 You have to save the town your farm is in, from being torn down. There are 9 ways to do this, each with its own ending. It gets an 8 because of the multiple endings to the story.

Graphics:10/10 The graphics are pretty darn good. Nothing is better then waking up at 6 and working on your farm and watching the sun rise. They are excellent graphics for a harvest moon game. They really help make you think you are on the farm.

Gameplay:9/10 I saw no flaws with the gameplay. You can now carry all your tools with you unlike in the other Harvest Moon games where you needed to keep things in your house. Planting is easier, although you get less seeds for your buck now. Also you don't have a bin to put your products in you have to carry them into town, but it isn't too much of a problem because you can carry lots and lots of items at the same time. You can also get a part time job working on another farm. The pay is good and the work is easy. You can buy a kitchen and cook up lots of treats to win the hearts of the local girls, although you can't marry them. The controlls are easy, they are perfect for a farming sim.

Replay: 9/10. It does get boring, but there are 9 endings so you can at least play through it 9 times. Each time you reach the end of the year, you cna restart from the beginning, but you keep your money, your animals, and your kitchen if you built one. If you never beat all 9 endings, then you can run your farm for an infinite number of years, at the end of each year just sell all your crops, and then when you restart you'll have a bush load of money to replant your farm.

Rent or Buy? Its a buy if you love the series. A rent if you have never played a Harvest Moon game before.

Overall:7/10
Its a good game its fun, but its just not as good as Harvest Moon for the SNES,PSX, or N64. It doesn't offer a lot of things to do, and people who have played the other games, will soon find them selves dissapointed that certain things are not in the game, and it can get rather boring. Overall though, if your a fan of the series, you'll find a lot of fun in this game, and it has a lot of great things in it, but if you had to number Harvest Moon games from the best to the worse, this would not be on the top of the list.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 09/01/02, Updated 09/01/02