Review by Frostbite2713

"Rent it !!!"

Let me start off by saying I bought this game the first day it came out, I paid 50$ omg was I wrong to buy it.
Well any way it was not worth, I think now it is priced at 20$, I would pay that but would rather rent it.

Game play: Not bad I give it a 9/10
It is a fighting game, you fight another played or computer in a 3d arena. You must know your player good. You have magic attacks and you can pick up almost any thing in the game. There is 10 different characters each with their own storyline and quest. The down side is you can go into a fight and just hit the x and o button and most likely win.

Graphics: 8/10 not the best but they are pretty good, very few glitches in the game though. They are like “Blood Omen 2” if u have played it that’s how it is setup.
But they will do.

Storyline: each character has their own Storyline, and you can pick different paths to choose so when you beat that character you can go back and play it again just play different levels.

Multiplayer: 10/10 this part of the game is the best!! you could have 2 on 2 1on 1 3 on 1 4 vs. computer, up to 8 players on the map! Multiplayer is a very fun thing to do, you can also go through the single player mode and get leveled up and load your player with your memory card.

Fun factor / replay value: 5/10 Im not going to lie to u you can beat this game with 1 character in about 4 hours and after that you are board of it and don’t want to play so if u buy it the only real game play you are going to get out of it is the 2 player mode.
I don’t want to spoil the game but I will say that the final boss you fight is easy I mean easy.

Audio-9/10 not bad, but the music is used in at least 2 different levels.

Description note this is directly quoted from the back of the game, I did not type it
Heroes of Barbaria have waged war since the dawn of time, ravaging the earth as they battle with weapons and magic alike! Their motives to stop the badness forged by the evil Zaugg are more that ending his growing power. Who they are, why they quest, and what they will become is destiny. Only one has the power to succeed!With its perfect mix of fighting action and role-playing game elements, barbarian will take you further than any fighting game has ever taken you!
Discover every characters massive story and goals through the quest mode, knowing that every choice you make and battle you win or lose has consequences on the rest of the story. Upgrade your character and enhance its physical and magical attacks its ability to lift objects and even other characters, its speed and much more!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/04/03, Updated 05/04/03