Review by Swift1

"Do you still have the Need for Speed?"

With cars from manufacturers like Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren and many others, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 certainly has the appeal to all of us that will never be able to afford any of these cars. But how does the game play? Well it's the best racing game that I've played since Gran Turismo 3. Why you ask? I'll tell you!

Graphics: 10/10 Some of the best ever. Looks like you're the cars are even real at times. Seeing as some of the cars didn't come out until this year, I don't know how they made them so accurate. From the contours of the fenders to the interior of the cars everything looks as though they are the real deal. And the tracks are also great. The grass moves as you run through it. If there is water on the track you can see the sun reflecting off the water.

Gameplay and Replay value: 10/10 Some can beat this in five days. Others, it will take longer. But just because it can be beaten quickly doesn't mean it doesn't have great replay value. One example is the NFS points. They will take a while to collect but you are always rewarded for your hard work. And even once you have the game beaten 100% you still won't want to put it down. One reason is when you get chased by the police you can have some fun with them while trying to get away from them. Though I can't compare to previous NFS's these police are smarter than they are in some games

Controls: 9/10 There are few different setups to choose from. However you can't set them up how you want. But that isn't a problem since the controls are setup almost perfect depending on how you like them. Despite the fact the HUD hot key can get annoying by hitting it so much, this can be easily fixed by simply, turning it off.

Sound and Music: 10/10 Cars sound excellent. Excellent music to drive by. The cars sound better than they do in many other games. An example is that if a car comes up behind you, you know because you can hear their motors. The soundtrack has some of the best driving music I've ever heard in a game. Music from Uncle Kracker, Hot Action Cop, and others, the driving only gets better with the it.

Rent or Buy?
$50 or $5? Well my honest opinion is to buy it. I rented it first because I didn't have enough money to buy it. As soon as I took it back, though, I had to go buy it. Though it took me awhile to get the money, as soon as I got it I was glad that I did.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/03/02, Updated 11/03/02