Review by charles25

"Hitman 2 ........A real man's game!"

I have never heard of the hitman series before until just recently. Now I can say that I have played one of the best games ps2 has to offer. The missions,weapons,enemies, it all comes together in this game.

You play as agent 47. A retired hitman who is working/ living at a church in Sicily trying to put your past behind you. Then all of a sudden, the priest is kidnapped by some italian mafia and thus 47 is once again back in the game. The whole point of the game is to get your priest friend back, and also find out who is behind it all. Over all pretty cool.

The graphics are really done well. The landscapes and terrian and the weather effects are very realistic. It also runs very smooth with little to no slow down. I usually don't like the way eidos does their graphics, ( I really never liked the way tomb raider looked) But they really did it right this time around. The blood splatter on the wall is a great touch too.

It doesn't get any better than this. PERIOD! I don't care if it went up against MGS2, I would still take 47 over raiden any day of the week. One on one vs. Solid Snake to close to call. It is just so cool. All the weapon types is just one of many cool features. The way you handle missions is up to you also, stealth, under cover, guns a blazen it's all up to you. I prefer to go cowboy and start blastin away!!!! It's also great that you can change from 3rd person to first person on the fly. This is a great feature which should be used in more games to come. The controls are easy to learn to. I'm not saying as easy as tetris but you can handle it. The menu and maps are easy to access also. All in all great. Also the drag feature is more realistic than MGS2.

All the bases are covered here as well. When you walk on snow it sounds just like ..... walking on snow. When you have missions in other countries, the enemy actually speaks in their own language with the subtitles on the bottom. top notch. Also the gun shot sounds hitting a body with a thud is very cool.

Replay Value: 7/10

This game is so much fun and yet so tough at times you'll never want to stop playing it. With all the ways to complete missions you'll want to try all of your ideas out. It's also cool if you just wanna play a game to just get crazy GTA3 style.

Bad points:

1. There is no multi-player mode

Final Thoughts:

This game is the real deal. I really was looking foward to GTA:vice city, and Red Faction 2 but I just hope that they can live up to hitman2. If you like hardcore action/stealth/fps then this game is for you. Go get this game. Right now!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/15/02, Updated 10/15/02