Review by Swift1

"Hmm. Fiber wire, knifing, or .45 to the back of the head?"

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the sequel to the year 2000 release of Hitman: Codename 47. In the sequel, 47 has given up his killing ways and is working at a church as the gardener. Unfortunately when his friend, a priest, is kidnapped he must return to his old ways to get him back. He must do multiple hits to earn the money to pay the ransom. Despite how good this game is it will face and has faced controversy for many different reasons (i.e. the fact that he's a hitman working from a church).

Video 8/10
Very good. The blood on the walls and ground is very convincing so that it looks real. My only complaint is this. The people that designed the way people die were smoking something strong. I mean when someone is incapacitated there leg folds all the way up passed their head. I want to call up the people at IO Interactive and say something like, ''The only way you can fold someone's leg up to there head is if you apply great force''. Or something like that. Anyway other than that the video is excellent.

Audio: 10/10
I was very impressed with the audio in this game. Each weapon you have has a bit of a different sound to it. Some even sound like their real life counterparts. Also your footsteps change the way they sound depending on where you're walking. Dropping your weapon as well gives a good convincing sound. The music is very good too. This is the first time I actually listened to the music in an action/shooter.

Replay value: 10/10
This would seem to be another one of those, ''It depends on what you like to do,'' ones. After you beat it you would think that there is nothing left to do. In this case, you would be wrong. Since there are many different ways to complete a mission, you can discover all the ways by playing the mission over and over. Which, for some people, would be good. Others, probably not, but that's why I'm writing this. To let you know if you'll like it. Also, once you beat it you can unlock the remaining weapons you need

This game is extremely fun. It is also very hard at times. So if you're frustrated easily stay away form this one. I personally enjoy hard games so that is why I think it is fun. It really all depends all on you and what you like.

Rent or buy?
$5 or $50? I have to go with buy for this one. You can't beat it all on a rental and be satisfied with it. Buying is the obvious choice here folks.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/01/02, Updated 12/01/02