Review by Briscoegunner

"More fun than you can shake a still-beating heart at!"

Wow. That's all I have to say. Wow. That's all you'll have to say about it too, if you buy or rent this game. In what other game can you lop off a Nazi's arm, then hop on his back as he's running away screaming, grabbing his bloody stump, start sucking his blood, then spin him around and use him as a human shield, still sucking his blood, mind you, and start firing over his shoulder? Not many.

Rayne is modeled well, although the shoes she wears seem to be circa 1998, while much of the came takes place around WW II. Blood sprays all over the place, especially during bloodlust attacks. The enemies generally look good, from mutated bayou inhabitants to Nazis. You'll really appreciate the graphics when you mow down about 7 Nazis in a combined bloodlust/machine gun frenzy. Buckets of it paint the wall and floor.

Weapon sound effects are adequate, as are the clangs of your blades against walls and when the enemy blocks you. Some enemies' accents, (be it Louisiana bayou or Third Reich German,) are better than others, but if you're doing a good job all you'll hear are screams of agony, and ''GET IT OFF ME!!!''. Rayne also has a filthy mouth, which I enjoyed immensely. If you're the type of person who is offended by foul language, you are probably also offended by buckets of blood, so you wouldn't be playing this game anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Controls: 9/10

Similar to Max Payne, these controls are simple and easy to learn. If you have difficulty, they are adjustable.

Replay Value: 6/10

Not much in the way of replay value, I enjoy replaying this game cause it's so fun. I know I'm not the only one.

Not much here. Some relic mumbo-jumbo with Nazis thrown in, and some bayou-action. Your father is also part of the story. This is probably where the game is most lacking. The best part is your little Nazi ''hit list'' you carry around, marking them off as you dis-member them. The only hint of plot development is when you find out that more than just relic-hunting is going on at the installation you're currently raiding.

Run, don't walk, to the store and buy this game. You won't be disappointed. The great graphics, good sound and controls, and huge fun-factor of this game make it one not to be missed. I just hope it gains more popularity, and doesn't end up over looked like other games without the words ''Konami'' or ''Capcom'' on the side.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/21/02, Updated 11/21/02