Review by ultra yugioh

"A Game To Be Reckoned With!!"

This game is .hack//INFECTION the first .hack game in its series. Made by BAN DAI It is a 4 part game and the games will be released 3 months apart. Each game will come with an Anime DVD called .hack//Liminality.
When I first saw the commercial for .hack//INFECTION I said this game looks so awesome I have to get it. So when I got the game I was like this is gonna be so cool the game looks cool just by looking at the box. I watched the 45 minute DVD first and witch is .hack//Liminality witch stars Mai Minase and the episode is called In The Case Of Mai Minase. It was great very mysterious and strange. Here is what it says on the back of the box about the anime. ''From the creators of GHOST IN THE SHELL and EVANGELION! Includes a separate DVD containing an exclusive 45 minute original Anime movie of .hack.'' But now back to .hack//INFECTION in this game you are a 14 year old boy. When you start the game you get to choose your User name and Character name with the default is Kite I recommend you keep it kite if your like me and don't like to change the names. Well, after you name yourself you get taken to your desktop where you can check your email read the news that is happening in the real world in the game you can change your desktop wall paper and change the music of your desktop you also can save your game, but the most important thing you can do on your desktop is access ''The World''. You get taken to ''The World'' title screen where you can login or go to the message board. So there you have a good gist of the game. I cant wait till part 2 .hack//MUTATION, part 3 .hack//OUTBREAK and part 4 .hack//QUARANTINE come out.This is what popular magazines say on the back of the box about the game. ''.hack ranks among the top 9 RPGs for 2003!'' ''... .hack is light-years ahead of most cliché-riddled RPGs.'' - Official PlayStation Magazine. ''You thought EverQuest was addictive?'' - Gamepro Magazine. ''... .hack reeks of mystery and conspiracy.''
- Extended Play Tech TV. This game is a simulated MMORPG no Internet connection required because you play a person playing an online game. I tell you this so you wont think its an online game. They rate the game T for teen because of Mature Sexual Themes (but there really is not any...) Mild Language (because they curse sometimes...) and Violence. (because of all the fighting...) These are Things you will need to play and the functions it has and how many players it is. 1 Player. You need a Memory Card (for PS2) - with 685KB available. You can use Analog Control and it has Vibration Function.

Game play
This game is very fun to play it is so addicting you will love it. The game is not too hard but not easy. The controls are great they are easy to get used to. You have you basic controls X is the action and confirm button O is the cancel button Square is to give commands to your party members. Triangle brings up your command window. L1 and R1 rotate the camera L2 put the camera view in to first person or back to normal. R2 resets the camera view. DPad moves up, down, Left or right. Right analog rotates camera and zooms in or out. Left analog does the same as the DPad. Start button brings up the options and Select button changes he maps or make the screen on your desktop disappear so you can see your background. I give game play a 10 out of 10.

Story
This game has an awesome story, but to warn you it is part 1 of 4 games so it wont be complete till all 4 games are released.
The story is very compelling and mysterious it will leave you on the edge of your seat! This is what it says on the back of the box ''You're in there WORLD now! ''Who is Aura? What is the book of Twilight? Why did your friend Orca fall into a mysterious coma? As the outlaw player, Kite, you're on a mission of truth. Take a journey into a virtual world where anything is possible, and nothing is as it appears. Fight your way through contaminated levels of cyberspace as you take on and eliminate enemies, and unlock codes that will allow you to gate travel to even more environments - all in a desperate attempt to discover who or what's behind The World. Embark on an epic journey to unlock the truth lurking behind The World. Just a note the people from the .hack//SIGN Anime are not the people you are in this game. I give Story a 10 out of 10.

Graphics
The graphics in this game are very good. The movie scenes are fun to watch. There mouths move when they talk. The monsters and characters look very good. Wait till you see them you will love it. Also there is no overlapping like when a person holds a weapon you don't see there hand go through it. Some of the people look like the people from the .hack show but there not there are some differences but The World is an online game some people are gonna look the same. I give Graphics a 10 out of 10.

Sound
The sound in this game is superb the music is great and catchy. When you get in a battle the music speeds up in tempo and it sounds pretty cool. They speak when story parts come so you don't have to read it. You can also change the voice-over to Japanese. The English voice-overs are very good. Here is what it says on the back of the box ''Dual Voice-overs: choose either English or Japanese for a totally immersive experience.'' I give Sound a 10 out of 10.

Play Time
The play time for this game depends on how fast you like to beat a game. If you rush through it and don't look for many secrets or level up much it should take about 15-20 hours. But if you spend time leveling up and finding secrets it will take longer to beat. Also there are over 43000 different locations to visit and fight through! So you may be playing for a while. Here is what it says on the back of the box. ''Multiple Quests with detailed environments that transform in real time.'' ''Combine Keywords to generate customized fields.'' I give Play Time a 10 out of 10.

Replay ability
This games replay ability all depends if you like to replay games. For me I would replay this game. There are different choices you can make in the game you may want to see what different thing happen. I give Replay ability a 10 out of 10

Recommendation
I recommend you buy this game it is superb and a game to be reckoned with. For a plus it comes with a free DVD anime movie .hack//Liminality. If you cant buy it get it some other way you must play this game. For my overall score I give this game a 10 out of 10. P.S. Don't listen to those reviews where they give this game a low rating because they don't know how to get the full potential out of the game and are mad because of that this game deserves a 10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/15/03, Updated 03/17/03