Review by kevincady

"Playing online is so damn fine!"

Who thought this game would be worth playing? Why would Sony make a game that is absolutely free? Hearing that it was free made me think that the game was going to be a corny game that was made as fast as possible without any effort. However, I was wrong! The game overall is great. It has great graphics, great game play, and great to replay! It is online and is free! Anyway's,let's get onto the review.

Graphics-9/10

The graphics are exactly the same as from Twisted Metal Black from the Playstation 2. The cars are nicely detailed and even show damage. The environments are huge and fun to roam around in,and you will never know what you will run into next. The game allows you to blow down buildings and smash through walls, which is greatly detailed. Basically,the graphics are great.

Controls-7/10

The controls aren't all that good, but aren't necessarily bad. It was sort of hard to remember what buttons you were pressing. This really brought down the game because you have no customizing options. Again, they aren't bad, but could have been better.

Music and Sound effects-6/10

The music is not great, but not bad. It doesn't seem to get your adrenaline going. It doesn't really fit into the game. I expected something more scary and exciting. Anyway's,it could have been better, but this is not really a big part of the game so it doesn't really affect it.

Game play-10/10

I for one, think this is the best part of the game. You can actually play someone online instead of a computer! If you have broadband you can have eight players, and for dial-up you can have one on one with bots. I suggest you get broadband, just because it is better. All you have to do is shoot your opponent(s)and destroy their car before they destroy yours. The game play is great and will keep you entertained.

Replay Value-10/10

The game is online and is free! What more could you want? The replay is great. You can just keep playing it, and it will always be different because you will always be playing different people. It is fun and addictive and will always be re-playable.

Overall-10/10

The game is great. Not only is it free, but it is a re-playable, and you can play as many times as you want and not get bored. The game is definitely worth wild, and I suggest you go buy it right now. Once you buy this game, you will be hooked!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/17/02, Updated 11/17/02