Review by EviILarry29

"This might just be the best PS2 football game!"

Let me start off by saying that I fell in love with 2K2 and thought it was fresh and a good break from the same old Madden *which I have nothing against*, and this new 2K3 caught my eyes once again and here's what I have to say...

Gameplay - 10/10

I love the gameplay, it's fresh, and very easy to get used to, and fun, fun, fun. The running game is just about the best I've seen in a football game, the passing game is really good too along with it's tight controlling and solid AI. This game is packed with plays and just very addictive. I have to admit, this game doesn't play as smooth as NFL Fever on Xbox, but it's still no doubt, one of the best, if not the best football games you'll play this year.

Sound - 10/10

This is where this game just has about every other football game beat...the commentary is fresh and smart, before my first game even started, I was already amazed, at the pre game analysis, it was almost perfect. And as if that wasn't enough, this year, with the ESPN license really makes things interesting.

Graphics - 10/10

I'm almost tempted to give this game an 11 on this section, Visual Concepts and Sega really out did themselves here, I mean, these are some of the smoothest graphics, you'll probably ever see on a PS2 game. The details on the players faces are just amazing, and this really just makes the already amazing gameplay better. These models are solid, and just...beautiful.

Replayability - 9/10

This game will keep you busy for a long, long time, with it's improved Franchise mode from last year, and with it's just awesome gameplay, I'm the kind of people that never manage to get bored of football games, they're exciting and just as fresh every time I play, so that's just me.

Rent or Buy - Rent

If you're worried about spending $50, then try it before, it's always good to try out a game just in case, or if you're confused between Madden or this, then you should rent both to try out. But if you liked 2K2 and you got the money, then this is a must have.

Overall - 10/10

This game should be a standard for all football games, it's a solid game, with solid graphics, gameplay, and sound. Any football fan or even video game fan would love this game. I have yet to try Madden, but I sure would like to see how it stacks up.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/19/02, Updated 08/19/02