Review by juniorspank

"Sega had a dream to make the best football game. With this they did it."

When this game was first released I thought Madden will be better. But this game shut my mouth fast. This game has it all and much much more.

This game has great gameplay that's new, fun, and easy to use. If you like Madden's gameplay and control you'll love this in a heartbeat. The passing in this game is easy and so is the running after the pass. If you have trouble on rookie then just customize it to your own level of skill. The AI in this game will play as right as you set the difficulty at. For as far as football games go this game would have to set the standards otherwise you won't have the best game available.

When I first played Madden I thought that was the best sound you could get but I was wrong. From the commentary to the player chatter this game's got it all and at the best quality yet. With the new ESPN license this game sounds like you're watching TV.

As far as graphics go this game is the best. All of SEGA's games have good graphics but this game manages to have awesome graphics and no slow down. I was amazed at this games graphics and still am.

Replayability: 10/10

This game again is a 10. It will keep anyone busy even if they despise football it would still keep them busy for a minimum of 2-3 hours. It has so much to do that you can't even decide, do you play franchise or do you play season, do you have a tournament or do you just play exhibition. Football fan or not you would still play this game for hours.

Rent or Buy: Buy

If you thought about buying any football game ever then stop think about reading all the reviews and buy this game. If you prefer online then Madden is the way to go but if you prefer everything else then go with this game. If you liked 2K2 buy this game it's as easy as that. Unless you hate football games then you should just rent this game.

This game overall has it all. If you play a better football game then this slap me in the face but if you don't then just remember this review because this game is in my opinion the way a football game should be.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/07/02, Updated 09/07/02