Review by terp56

"The ESPN crew wins the Super Bowl coverage, not John Madden!"

NFL 2k3 is an awesome football game. It got better scores then Madden 2003! My opinion is that NFL 2k3 is better then Madden. First of all on Madden there is no turbo button. What kind of football game has no turbo button? Second on Madden 2002 the people look like kids. Especially Rich Gannon looks like a kid. On Madden 2003 still no turbo button, but better graphics. When Madden 2002 was out I liked NFL 2k2 ON Sega Dreamcast more. My cousin and I used to go online and play each other. Plus it was free. Sega is free for online games and Madden charges $ 10 a month! On NFL 2k3 you can play games and after that it will do the averages. Then it gives you a code. You can go to segasports.com, enter the code, and see how you rank out of all the people who entered a code. How convenient? NFL 2k3 I purchased for only $10. Madden 2003 is $50! Who would buy that? I recommend NFL 2k3 for everyone for a few reasons. One it is cheaper. Second it has better graphics and gameplay. It has many more features too. I don’t know if Madden 2004 is good, I never played it.

Gameplay 9/10- This game is really fun. If you play one game you would want to play over and over. But at first it takes a while to get used to it. You have to choose a team the best suits you. Some are good at defense and bad at offense and some are the other way around. I recommend Jets for a starting team. They got an ok QB, good defense, awesome running back and good wide receivers. The controls are good too. If you are used to Madden it might take while to get used to 2k3 controls. The control difference is almost the same.

Story N/A- This doesn't really have a story, but it is about football with NFL players.

Audio/Video 9/10-These graphics are so real! If the don't have a helmet on the almost look like the real thing! The fields are good too. They have it designed the same as the real thing. The sound in this game is good too. On the title screen it has the same sound effects of ESPN. When you are in the game the sound is like the hosts on a real game. The crowd cheers and the cheerleaders too! The half time report is the same is ESPN.

Gameplay 9/10- This game is really fun. If you play one game you would want to play over and over. But at first it takes a while to get used to it. You have to choose a team the best suits you. Some are good at defense and bad a offense and some are the other way around. I recommend Jets for a starting team. They got an ok QB, good defense, awesome running back and good wide receivers. The controls are good too. If you are used to Madden it might take while to get used to 2k3 controls. The control difference is almost the same.

Audio/Video 9/10- These graphics are so real! If the don't have a helmet on the almost look like the real thing! The fields are good too. They have it designed the same as the real thing. The sound in this game is good too. On the title screen it has the same sound effects of ESPN. When you are in the game the sound is like the hosts on a real game. The crowd cheers and the cheerleaders too! The half time report is the same is ESPN.

Replaybility N/A-You can’t really beat the game. You can beat season, franchise, and tournament mode tough. Otherwise for a regular exhibition match you just play and either win or lose. But I just play franchise mode over and over. When I play I human most of the time I play exhibition.

Buy or Rent- I say buy. It is only $10! It is rated over Madden 2003! And Madden has been good for some years. So make a switch now to NFL 2k3!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/17/03