Review by kiriyama2

"A Truly Underrated Gem"

I was genuinely surprised at how good this game really was. Especially when pretty much every review I read claimed that this was one of the worst games in existance. I didn't really have any intention of playing this game but when a friend told me about how good it was I decided to give it a chance. And I was pleasantly surprised.

Story:
You play as Kais a soldier in the Fire caste of the Tau army. As Kais it is up to you and your fellow Fire Warriors to find and rescue Ko'Vash, one of the ethereals of the Tau people. The game's story is pretty good, especially thirteen or so levels into it when you find out the reason why Ko'Vash was captured. The story may not be the most imaginitive thing on this planet but it works pretty well. (8/10)

Graphics:
This is one of the game's only flaws. The graphics in Fire Warrior are not exactly, what's the word I'm looking for, good. The game just looks really dark and muted. And one of the things I don't like is the way the fire warriors look, they just look misshappen and wrong. But then again I've never played the Warhammer 40K table-top game, so who knows maybe that's how they're supposed to look. But when you can actually see the people they look pretty good especially the space marines they look cool as do the Chaos marines. (6/10)

Sound:
This is some great audio in this game. The musical score is pretty well done, and the voice acting on some of the character's is top-notch. The one real complaint I have with the audio is the voice of the Tau control person, and Lusha. But the voice actor for the marines and especially Ardias more than make up for that minor complaint about Lusha and the Tau control.
(7.5/10)

Gameplay:
The most important feature for any game, and suffice to say Fire Warrior does not dissapoint. The game plays almost flawlessly. The action is fast and almost furious. Kais is pretty easy to control, and the controls are responsive. The major problem I had with this game was the difficulty. This game is easily one of the most difficult games I've ever played, this game is filled with an unbeliveably absurd amount of cheap deaths. Add to that the fact that there is no quick-save function, or more checkpoints, and you've got frustration on your hands. By the time I completed this game (and it's a relatively long game) you'll have either broken your controller, or have temporarily have lost your voice (I speak from expirence). But despite this it's a fun game. (9/10)

So in closing Fire Warrior is a fun game that is not without it's flaws. But one thing you have to keep in mind is, that this is a budget title, and budget titles do have a rather abundant amount of flaws. And if your expecting a great cerebral experience then you'll definitely be dissapointed (if you want a perfect Warhammer game pick up Dawn of War instead). But if you like first person shooters and don't have really high expectations then I think you'll like Fire Warrior. (9/10)

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/16/05