Review by squallLeon

"There is no doubt that this is one of the years best racers!"

I really never played the first midnight club game! I really didn't know it existed till last month. So I didn't know what to expect with the sequel. but As soon As i played this game I got completely addicted by it's fun and addictive game-play!

GAMEPLAY 9
Midnight club 2 is a street racer! so there's really no definite courses when your racing. This game has three huge cities to race,La,Paris and Tokyo. they're pretty huge actually, they're not exactly accurate but recognizable landmarks are there. The concept of this game is to find a street racer and challenge him/her to a race. when you beat all of the races, you get to have the cars that they were using. This sequel has online mode. too bad it's only for broadband, but I guess it can't be helped because the game is very fast paced. You can also edit and create a race that you like in the editor mode. Or just cruise the city to see the night life.

DISLIKES(-2)
-one thing that irritates me are the A.I. of the non-racer vehicles. they tend to do the stupidest thing when you're racing.. I understand the challenge. But after colliding for like a hundred times, it gets really annoying. They needed to tone those things down a little bit for the next sequel.
-also, you can't customize your cars. they should have added this to make the game more engaging. since your taking somebody's else's car, why not give the option to customize it to call it your own?

GRAPHICS-9/10
The graphics of this game is pretty decent and flashy. it's actually better than the first game(I seen some pictures and videos). The city's are huge(not like the cities in GTA:vice city). and they're pretty alive with pedestrians and vehicles. The car models looks good actually, but they could have done some more detailed work. not bad though. The motorcycles look's good!

AUDIO-9/10
The sounds are techno and hip-hop/rap. pretty good, some songs are actually quite catchy. you could even change tracks while racing.

REPLAYABILITY.9/10
this game is quite challenging and quite long for a racer. There's also the online mode which gives it a boost in the replay factor.

BUY/RENT.
If racing isn't your thing then I suggest that you rent this game first. but for those who loved the first one and want's to try the online mode then buy it. obviously, everyone has their own different taste in racing games. So, I guess it just depends on what kind do you prefer.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/14/03, Updated 04/14/03