Review by rocksays

"Tony Hawk keeps getting better and better"

Every time I sit down to play the newest installment in the Tony Hawk series, I am amazed on what they have changed over the last game. The major changes in this game are worth the $50 tag price. Now, of course, many people are thinking to themselves, ''What on earth could Neversoft do to make me want to buy this game?'' Well, read on and find out

I was wondering to myself when I first picked up the controller to play this game. How different will it be graphical? Well, the graphics are not ground breaking but, very much improved over the last game. The skaters have more feel to them and they look much more real. The people simply walking the streets look more real. The buildings, the cars, everything looks much better!

One word.. Excellent. Everything about this game is amazing. I especially love the whole you get goals from various people aspect. This new aspect brings a whole new feel to the Tony Hawk series. The control can, however, be a little bit difficult for those who have never play a Hawk game before. But, for those who have, it is very simplistic. The levels are bigger thus giving you more gameplay to explore them. The challenges are much much harder and usually take more than one shot at them to complete. New to this game are the C-O-M-B-O challenge where you must spell combo out in one trick. Also new to this game is the ability to 'skitch' or grab on the back of a car. The ability to do this is key to completing some of the goals.

Again, just about flawless. The choice of music that Neversoft decided to put into this game, is great. From System of a Down's 'Shimmy' to Iron Madien's 'Number of the Beast', there is enough variety of music is this game to please just about anyone. The must sounds great and plays great. Certain songs actually make me feel more pumped up

Fun Factor: 10/10
If I could give this a higher rating, I would easily. The Tony Hawk series has excelled in this field in every game. The games are EXTREMELY addictive and at the same time fun. Just beware, when you pick up the controller to this game for the first time, it may be hard to put down.

Replay value: 10/10
Every game in this series has a great replay value. This game, in particular, will probably take you longer than the previous game as each character has 190 goals to complete. The one thing that is different about the previous installments is that the goals get more difficult as you keep playing the game. To successfully complete this game, you will need a long time!

Final Verdict: 9/10
This is one that all people who own a Playstation 2, should have. Even those who aren't particularly interested in skateboarding, will have a grand old time playing this game. If you are reading this review, finish it and go out and BUY THIS GAME NOW!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/28/02, Updated 10/28/02