"QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, ops...meant to say "Hawk" instead."

Yeap, I rented this game a few days ago, and I loved it. I've played THPS1 and THPS2 on a friend's Nintendo 64, and THPS3 on a friend's Gamecube, now that I have my own PS2 and I was able to rent it...I would say now we're talking. Anyway, to the review:

I found the graphics to simply be awesome, the courses look like they're actually real IMO, and the characters have a bit more of an improvement from THPS3. Editing characters' clothes is what I do for a living in that game...I think it's just me being picky for some reason on the color status...oh well! The only thing that bugged me was the blood on the game, because well...after you fall down from your skate in a nasty crash, just a itsy bitsy of blood comes out, when on THPS3 (or at least, the version I played), more blood came out + the fact that it was messier.

Sound: 9.5/10

I pretty much enjoyed it, they placed very good songs to go along with the athmosphere of the game, and I simply can't get enough of it. If you personally don't like the soundtrack the game has, you should try to put the volume of your TV down to 0, them put a CD that you like to go along with the background. The choice is yours.

Plain...simple...easy! The controllers on this game are simply awesome, Activision/Neversoft pretty much found a very creative way to put the controlers in its place + make it easier for players like us. I mean, we wouldn't want some kind of a game with 10 to 20 commands to do a freakin' method. If anyone thought of that, they would be pretty much insane.

Multiplayer: 10/10

Luckily, a friend of mine let me borrow his Network Adapter for a week, so yesterday I was able to go online and play a few with some other folks on the Internet...I thought I was on heaven. I loved competing on games like Capture the Flag, and many others (won't spoil it for you guys). I tell ya, it's a whole new game as soon as you get online.

Replayability: 10/10

Yeap, another goodie Activision/Neversoft presented us with. The career mode is very, very, VERY deep, and well...there are a lot of missions in each stage you unlock...it will take at least a few weeks to finish it all and get 100% done with the game. The mini-games they added to the game are pretty sweet as well.

Buy or Rent?

Plain and simple friends...BUY IT! It's one of the greatest games I've ever played, and I'm seriously considering asking my parents for this one for Christmas (want SD! SYM for my birthday). This game's been getting better and better, and I wouldn't mind seeing more versions of them each year, they just have to be getting more creative, innovative, and full of fun each year.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/03/02, Updated 11/03/02