Review by awsome1

"Great for only $20!"

Introduction: As a fan of the short-lived MTV show, I was excited to hear this game was being made. I went to a local store and picked up a copy of my own. I decided to write a review for the game.

Gameplay: Alright, first section and the game struggles. There are very few moves and no combos. You press X for an attack, square for another attack, triangle for an attack that is usually a projectile, and finally O for grab moves and to pick up weapons.

There are a few pickups but they appear only once in a blew moves. Among the pickups, weapons appear. The weapons range from an ax to a bazooka. Some weapons can tear off body parts, like an arm or a leg. This affects the character movement, and how they attack. When a character's health is completed, press O and do a death move. While this is great the first few times, seeing Dennis Rodman playing basketball with another person's head the umpteenth time can be boring.

The game itself is pretty easy. On the hardest difficulty I can win 3/5 matches. There are many long load times. Not as bad as Stuntman mind you, but still bad.

There are few play modes:

Episode Mode: Play through 3 matches and unlock characters and

Deathmatch: Play the computer or a friend in a single match.

Create A Celebrity: This should be called create a fighter, because you can make a great character, but not many celebs.

Story: If you haven't seen the show, you might be wondering why people are killing each other. Well basicly it's a show made of clay celebrities killing each other for your entertainment! Not really a story, but a great idea.

Graphics/Sound: The graphics have the clay look from the show. There's blood that sprays out, and explosions from weapons and the like. The sound is terrific with hosts Nick Diamond and Johnny Gomez giving a pre-match talk, then introduce the fighters. Mills Lane, the referee, gives the basic rules like the show. The celebrities sound good with sound-alike's doing the actual voices.

Play Time/Replayability: I beat this game in 1 day on the hardest difficulty setting. This is the type of game that you will put down after a few days and pick it up again in a few months.

Buy/Rent?: Rent it, if you find yourself liking it a lot then buy, because this might not be your game.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 10/28/03