Question from ml2126

Sometimes buildings appear in delay someone help?

Everytime i play it sometimes takes a while for the buildings and roads to appear. This usualy happines when i drive fast. cuold it be coz my disk is badly scratched. somone tell me quick cuz i have a 7 day warranty

From: MunKy321 5 years ago

No, it isn't your disk. Believe it or not, the game was a very large one for its time, with a very large world and a lot of things going on at the same time (people moving, cars moving, etc.). The game cannot make all of these things visible all at once as the power of the PS2 and last generation consoles were very limited (much more limited than today). Therefore, to make the game run smoother, it was programmed to spawn objects only in the area where you were playing.

When you drive very fast, you begin to break out of this area. The game cannot keep up with your speed and this leads to things such as cars, people, roads, objects and buildings not spawning (or spawning slowly). The game cannot think as fast as you're driving and you start to see this delay.

If you pick up any working copy of the game I guarantee you the same will happen.