Review by vectormanfan14

"A must-have for any price"

Introduction

Okay, this is my very first review, so I hope you like it. What I did was write the pros and cons about every different aspect of the game: graphics, sound, etc... I hope it doesn't get too confusing for you.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I'm pleased to present my review of Beyond Good & Evil.

Pros: Everything in the game is wonderfully detailed. From the enemies, to the backgrounds, to the main character, Jade, everything was created beautifully. There's tons of cool characters to interact with.

Cons: My only complaint is that it doesn't look as great as some other PS2 games, but it's still very good.

Sound 9/10

Pros: First of all, I love the music. It's charming and creative, and it blends in perfectly with every part of the game. The sound effects work perfectly, and the voice over's are great too.

Cons: My only complaint is that some characters have VERY annoying voices.

Gameplay 10/10

Pros: The best thing about this game is the gameplay. You can battle enemies with a stick while doing cool back flips. There's plenty of cool stealth parts where you sneak around enemies, over enemies, and even right past an enemy's legs! Take pictures with your camera to expose government secrets, and take pictures of animals to get money to spend. Even go hovercraft racing!

Cons: My only cons are that sometimes the camera gets wacky, and that gets especially annoying when you're trying to fight enemies and you can't see anything! My other complaint is that the other character that's with you in the game will get in your way. A LOT. Grrrrr. Sometimes I'd like to whip out my stick and beat them senseless!!!

Story 9/10

Pros: It's a really good story beginning with Jade at a lighthouse. She has to turn on the shield to protect everyone inside. She later gets involved in a government conspiracy, and, well, just play it and see.

Cons: As you can tell at the end of my pros, the story is kind of confusing. But overall, it's pretty cool and enjoyable.

Overall 10/10
(Pros and cons end here)
This is an excellent game to add to any gamer's collection. and at its $10-40 dollar price tag, it's a perfect gift. People say it's short, but it doesn't really seem short to me. You just have to try this game!

Rent or buy?
Well...
If you play video games, and you have a Playstation 2 console, BUY IT!! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/22/04