Why isn't the game working?

1. My Ace Combat 5 isn.t running right.

1. There is no music in free mission
    2.Free mission doesnt work ;free flight does
    3. It does not load properly or at all.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

If anything else occurs i will notify.

User Info: rikterboy97

rikterboy97 - 7 years ago
    Ok then im pretty sure its the disc then.

User Info: rikterboy97

rikterboy97 - 7 years ago
    You say the free mission mode it don,t have a music,but you also said that you can't play the free mission mode,what happened ?

User Info: kikicoolf15

kikicoolf15 - 6 years ago

1. Unfortunately, these are very strong indications that your game disc is damaged or that the optical drive in your PS2 is failing.

Thoroughly testing with another DVD game disc that uses most of the DVD may provide a clue as to whether the issue is the AC5 game disc or the PS2 optical drive.

There is little that can be done with a damaged game disc except to replace it.

It may be possible to repair or replace a failing PS2 optical drive, but at this point in the life of the PS2 it may be more practical and cost effective to simply replace the entire PS2.

The possibility also exists that the PS2 optical drive is full of dust and/or that the lens is dirty. I recommend against the "cleaning disc" type of products because they may be ineffective and might even cause additional damage. The only sure way to clean a dirty drive is to have someone qualified disassemble it and clean it. Typical PS2 owners are not qualified to do this kind of work, but that rarely stops them when they are desperate.

The problems of damaged game discs and failing PS2 optical drives are not specific to AC5, so you may be able to learn more by expanding your search.

User Info: gmax

gmax (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Never mind, I found out what the problem was two weeks later. There was curropted data for some reason. Anyway, thanks for the help. I wonder how it got there though.

User Info: rikterboy97

rikterboy97 - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. I had beaten the game, and one day the data was "corrupt" and it wont save on any memory card. do u know what this means and/or how how can i fix this?

User Info: usnpilot14

usnpilot14 - 5 years ago 0 0