Review by Dante_Meta

"I-Recommend!"

I-Ninja is a game where you play as an insane, Chibi-styled freak- I mean, ninja. You go through the game unlocking different swords, levels, missions, and belts. Then after you've unlocked and beaten everything you'll unlock an Arena-style mission. Which is just kill, kill, kill. But don't get me wrong, it's actually quite fun and challenging; as is the rest of the game.

Again, this is a Chibi-Styled game. So expect miniscule bodies with massive heads. Overall they were done nicely. No jagged edges or line breaks. I have yet to encounter any frame rate problems and the motions are fluid. In some special cases; you end up getting thrown into a “Special Battle.” Where it's something like battling in space; the background is mesmerizing and fits perfectly; think Light Speed. Then, behind Ninja and your enemy, will have trails of Blue/Red; which adds to the nice effects.

The Voice Acting was done nicely. It had a few parts that made me chuckle; though in some cases, the lines were amazingly cheesy. Not so much Resident Evil cheesy, but cheesy nonetheless. One of my favourite lines is when you cut an enemy clean in half. The blade is cold, is it not!? The sounds were dead on, also. You can hear an enemy slide apart when hit right, you can hear your blade ricochet off a shield. All of it is perfectly synchronized.

The Gameplay is another great feature about this game. The Controls are easy to get used to; anyone will probably get used to them in a matter of minutes. Furthermore; it has a lot of great elements from a Platformer. Such has “Half Pipes.” In which you run up and down until you gain enough speed to reach the top of one side or the other. Some fun and unique boss fights; plus some “Rolling” levels. You ride on a giant ball or eye ball, hitting ramps, gaining points and coinage. Sometimes these levels can get frustrating, especially if you're going for a higher rank, but it's still fun once you get the hang of it. And again, mentioning the “Special Battles.” These can be extremely fun, or difficult, depending on how you play the game. Normally with this game, you rush in and kill anything you see; but with these Special Battles, you have to use a sort of strategy; which just adds to the enjoyment.

The story is fairly good. O-Dor (Yes, that's meant to be odour, you'll see why once you get a glimpse of the guy.) wants to rule. You don't want that to happen. You try to stop him to avenge your master. Well… Not really, Ninja just wants it for personal gain, pretty much. You go through a few worlds, each with a fairly unique set of enemies and a distinctive boss. You do that until you reach O-Dor; and that's as far as I'll say.

There's a bit of Replay Value. Such as getting all the Grades so you can get into that Arena-Mission. And once you do that, it's fun to just go in there time to time and just unleash Hell on them. Even aside from that, you can always go back and redo some missions or re-fight the bosses. In short, there's a nice amount of Replay Value; if you like arbitrarily killing stuff. I know I do.

Replay Value: 7/10

This is a game for those who want a great Platformer/Action-style game. I guarantee you will love Ninja and the game itself; even if you don't like it at first, give it time. It may take some time to grow on you. This is a largely underrated game; definite buy for those who like these style games.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 09/08/06