Review by Riku1590

"Tom Clancy does it again........"

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon is a squad-based army fighter. It was rated game of the year on the PC, but unfortunately could not achieve it on the consoles. Here is what I think of this very cool game. NOTE: All of this is my opinion!

Easily the best, most realistic story for a squad-based shooter. Basically, Russia is taking back other countries into its power to re-created the Soviet Union. This could happen, considering it takes place in 2008. I think that the story is perfect for this style of game.

The gameplay is very fun and easy. It is easy to control your squad and shoot at enemies. The biggest problem with the gameplay was that your team wasn't good enough to do stuff like take out a tank on their own and it was too hard to send them is a building and have them live. Overall though, the game is very fun and easy to navigate. One other minor problem: too easy!

Sound and Music: 10/10
The music really gets you excited and ready to play the game. The music alone is enough to give the sound a 10. The sound is awesome as well, with authentic sounds of guns and very cool explosion sounds. Your team also have good voices. I can tell that they didn’t get people of the street to do the voices.

This is where the game falls to its knees. The trees and textures in the game are rather fake and weak. If you are obsessed with graphics in a game, don't bother with this one. On the plus side, the smoke is AWESOME! It is the best smoke to ever be seen in a game. The only other realistic looking thing beside the smoke is the explosion in the water. That is also very cool.

Replayablity: 8/10
What makes this game so great is the fact that it has a quick mission mode, which lets you go back and re-do your favorite levels in different scenarios, like just a fire fight. I found this to be unique and cool. I wish they would put this in other games.

Final Recommendation:
Buy if you like a game to play with a buddy, if you are a war buff, like to shoot bad guys, like to be a leader, or you want protect America in a fictional world. Rent if you like the idea of the game and want to try it out.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 04/18/03, Updated 04/18/03