Review by rxw2k2

"A great transistion and a great exprience!"

Ok, I played this game for X-box at a friends house, but I was never really able to get into it since I can't stand the X-box controller. So I started to read up and found out it would be realesed for the PS2 I was very excited. Since reading previews and hearing about the extra features I was greatly anticipating Splinter Cell's realese. I picked up my copy of Splinter Cell on Thursday and I can honestly tell anyone that you will not be dissapointed with this game. It has everything from the X-box version plus the extra features, and makes a near perfect transition. Now I will go into individual parts of the game and give my thoughts on topics from gameplay, stroy, sound, etc.

Sound: Very goo department. Guns sound accurate and voives are very clear. Music fits with the game perfectly. Also all the sound effects such as bottles dropping, windows breaking and fire are all made perfectly.

Gameplay: Awesome game is so easy to learn, however the degree of difficulty is great because you have to use all the moves you learn in the game. You can't just run around you have to use stealth, and find your way around enemies. Great controls and very cool moves to use in the huge and greatly detailed enviroments.

Fun Factor: If you like adventure games, and have patients you will love this game. However if you don't like to sneak around and have to think then this game is not for you. However if you love a challenge then pick this game up without thought.

Story: I always rate this part of a game, becuase if you don't like the main plot of a game what's the fun of playing it. The story in this game is very well thought out and makes playing the game that much more fun.

Characters: If you are wondering why I rate this part of the game I will tell you. To me along with a story the game has to have stronmg characters that fit there roles. Splinter Cell does this very good. Main character is strong and belivable for his part. All supporting charecters fit into the game nicely.

Overall this game is a great addition to any gamers library. I would suggest that everybody go out and pick up a copy of Splinter Cell as you will not be dissapointed with it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/13/03, Updated 04/13/03