Review by Andy Mayhem88

"Action + Stealth = SPLINTER CELL"

This game right off the bat says Oh my gawd. I have never quite seen anything like it before. You can do a split between walls, nab someone from behind and intergate them like a ''female dog.'' Graphics are stunning. The one thing you need to play this game and beat it is ''Patiance.''

GRAPHICS 9.5

Like I said the graphics are stunning, beautiful. You shadow from the window is in perfect form. And shadow's can really help you throughout the gameto see an enemy, before he see's you. But on the same token, it can play against you, cause a guard may see you, before you see him! All in all, I almost feel like I'm playing a PS2 version of Syphon Filter with a little US Nay Seals thrown into the mix.

SOUND 7.0

I think this may be the lowest rating you see for a catagory. I felt the music was a little dull, although a great part of this game, is making sure you walk extra, extra slow, cause one slip move, a guard can hear you and your fried dumplings. And sound also plays a BIG role in another aspect. In MGS you had a ! over a guards head to know that he saw you. Well in Splinter Cell the music starts to hit a low note, and starts to get to a scary type of music, and low and behold, there's a guard!

GAMEPLAY/CONTROLS 9.0

Ok, the controls are alittle confusing at first, but after you go through the training level, you'll feel alittle more secure and it become 2nd nature. And there's things in this game you won't see anywhere else. Splits between walls and using guns at the same time...crouching plays a huge role. Seen behind enemies and interigate them, question them, use them as shields as you fire at someone else. It's all good! The game play's very well but you will notice glitches throughout the game, not really bad ones, just minor stuff. And as far as weapons, its very basic, 2 simple guns. One can shoot Sticky Shockers which knock opponents out so you don't kill them, like civilian's or stuff like that.

SPLINTER CELL vs. METAL GEAR SOLID

STORY: MGS
GAMEPLAY: SC
SOUND: MGS
GRAPHICS: MGS
GAGETS: SC
STEALTH: SC
FIGHT BETWEEN ''SAM FISHER'' AND ''SOLID SNAKE'': ''Priceless''

Rent or buy?

If you loved MGS, you'll love this more, BUY IT. If you hated MGS or wasn't to crazy about it, Rent it.

Hope this helped you!