Review by NYMRULE

"Excellent, entertaining, stealthy game."

This game is an awesome game. When I played the demo from OPM, I was shocked. When I played the real game, I was in awe. Anyway, this is a really great game for those who are into stealthy/action games.

Lets face it. Nothing can compare to the graphics on the X-Box, but that doesn't stop this from being a great game. I guess you can say that the graphics in this game are a mix between Tony Hawk 4 and MGS2. The frame rate is solid and smooth, and it's not really all that blocky. It's exceptional for the PS2, so that's why it got an 8/10 in my books

The sounds aren't all that great, but are good enough. The music fits in with the situation of the game. Sometimes, though, the sound effects will sound a little muffled. Otherwise, everything is pretty much fine and sounds like what it should sound like, but I'm not sure what the guns are supposed to sound like, because I've never heard them in real-life. Also, making the slightest noise could alert guards and trigger alarms.

This is the best part of the game. Each level is very entertaining. At times, it may seem very hard to beat a certain part, but you just want to come back every time to try and beat it, because you know victory is within you grasp.

Controls: 9/10
Although I hear some complaints about the controls and stuff, I really have no problem with them. If you are a SOCOM player like me, then you will probably get a real comfortable feeling for these controls. It's really easy to perform maneuvers, such as the split jump and double-jump over the wall. the training level at the beginning of the game should give you a feeling for the controls before you start the actual game.

Replay Value
I really couldn't give this a rating, because it depends on what mission you want to play. From what I know, there aren't any extras when you beat the game. It is fun though to go through earlier missions and check out things you didn't do the first time around. For one thing, you can go around and try to be stealthy and all the first time around, then the next time you can just go all Rambo on everyone. It's up to you.

Rent or Buy?
If you like games with stealth, action, and realism, this game is for you, and you'll definitely want to buy this. If you want to decide whether to buy MGS2 or Splinter Cell, get Splinter Cell.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/22/03, Updated 04/22/03