Review by superevilperson

"Keep it coming, BanDai, a great game and a great way to pass time."

This is the third part of .hack//infection, and It is great as the first one, if not better. If you haven't played the first two, I recommend you do so now, before you play this one. It is a great game, though many people overlooked it.

Graphics 7/10
Not the best graphics, but good to say the least. The dungeons look really nice, and the Root towns look great too. The infected look places a really cool feeling too, though it saddens me a bit that I didn't get to see what Sigma server in its original form. Something new that people might not realize, if you look at the background in a field, they sky will look like it is corrupted.

Sound 8/10
The third installment still maintains that nice creepy feel in the dungeon, and Sigma's music is always nice and calming after a long day. The sound effects are pretty nice, but they could be better in some ways. I personally would like to hear the enemies on fire when you hit them with a fire move. But that is just me :P...

Controls 10/10
Easy to learn, whether or not you have played the first two, which hopefully you have played before, but even if you haven't, you are in no trouble. To learn the controls takes about 5 minutes if that, just mess around on a field a bit, and you will be able to quickly get it down. The controls are simple, and that makes the game that much more enjoyable.

Storyline 10/10
Continuing the great storyline that has been going on in .hack//infection and .hack//mutation, you will be rushing to the end, just to find out what happens, and then have a strong urge to find out what happens in .hack//quarantine. Just pray to god that you aren't like me and have to wait for about a month after you beat this one to get .hack//quarantine, and be bouncing off the walls the whole time because you can't wait to see how the rest of the game plays out.

Gameplay 6/10
This is where most people get angry and mad. But I'm not one of them. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. After a while, the process of dungeon crawling does get pretty repetitive, but the storyline can keep you coming back for more. So don't overlook it because the gameplay is kind of stale, please for your own sake.

Overall 8/10
A great series so far, but so sadly mostly overlooked. Sometimes because of the fact that It could cost up to $200, but in my opinion it is well worth it. I was fortunate enough to find the first three used, and buy the fourth new for about $90 . If money isn't a problem, then most people over look it, because of the repetitive gameplay. Some people are going for "better" RPG's. But lately, they have all but dried up, so I looked elsewhere and found heaven. I would highly recommend buying the whole series, as you can get it a lot cheaper than you could before.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/07/05