Review by TonyHelms29624

"The best for last"

Finally the last .hack game has come stateside. Quarantine keeps the formula we've come to know and........tolerate. It is an incredibly deep game that keeps you coming back. Of course unless you have played the last three installments not only will you have alot to make up but you'll lose alot of the story. As Kite you explore different parts of the online known as ''The World'' in order to solve the mystery behind the comas from other players including Kite's best friend, Orca. Well in this one it's time for the final stand. It's now or never to uncover the unnerving mystery of ''The World'' and the coma victims. Alright on the review:

In the first Installment, Infection, the character models, atmosphere and overall look of the game were new, fresh and original. Having that repeated 4 times it gives a sense of familiarity so it doesn't really feel different but with the servers it gives you different places to go. The new places fit right into the atmosphere. It looks familiar and almost homely. It is not the best out there but it is still very very nice.

My personal favorite thing about this game is its story. I think it would make a good movie. How characters get to where they are and where they end is very surprising. Expect a number of plot twists and turns as you explore ''The World''.

This is probably my only gripe with this game. The camera is bad, having to always adjust it when you turn is very frustrating. Having to go through some dungeons two and three times gets old very quickly. The fighting is somewhat lacking. I wish they would have added more to it, like a rhythm-like boss fight like in Dark Cloud. Maybe have some more mini-games other than Grunty racing. A new character or two might help to spice things up a bit.

Music: 10/10
I love the music in this game. It is so beautiful and perfect. Each town's music is fitting and the fighting music is brilliant. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Replay: 6/10
Aside from unlocking some images, music and movies. There's nothing there after you've beat it to keep you coming. Unless you like walking around the different towns and dungeons. I myself have gone through the previous installments just to explore the towns again.

Buy or Rent: Definitely a buy. Can't go wrong here.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/20/04