Review by wolverinefan

"Great follow up"

Story
It's a few years after the first Metal Gear Solid. You are Snake some super agent or something and you are trying to find out about the new Metal gear prototype. I can't really go any further in the story cause I might ruin the plot. The plot is good at first then after the first hour it gets dumb and by the end you will be screaming for mercy once that 45 minute ending takes place. There is a ton of story and not all is answered like the whole Snake being infected after the first game. I give story a 6/10

Control
For some reason the control in the demo was better. walking around is a little hard for some reason which I can't explain. Shooting is really hard for some reason and using first person view is a pain, which it wasn't in the demo. I give control a 7/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
The same voice actors are back and boy do they suck even more. I don't see how it's possible for them to suck more than they did in the first game but they pull it off. The sound effects are prettys good, everything sounds just like it should. The music is good but I would have prefered something different. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 7/10

Game play
Not much has changed here. You usually have to sneak around and do whatever your main objective is. The bad guys are rather dumb and makes the game way too easy. The puzzles this time around are slightly better this time around. Snake can pull off a good amount of moves. You can also hold up soldiers for their dog tags which is kinda cool but there is way too many to get and I don't understand why I can't kill them and then take the tags. The best part about the game play is all the little hidden things in the game. At one point if you stand under a walkway a soldier will pee on your head, if you go into first person mode and look up seagulls will poop on the camera. This makes the game funner. I give game play a 810

Replay Value
The game is very short only if you don't skip the million cut scenes. The whole game takes about four hours the first time through if you skip the cut scenes other wise it takes about 14 hours, yes there is that many cut scenes. The only reason to play the game again after beating it is to get all the dog tags which is suppose to unlock some secret. There is some secrets you unlock for beating the game more than once but nothing special. I give replay value a 6/10

Final Score
I give Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty a 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/12/07

Game Release: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (US, 11/12/01)