Review by Hinkbert

"Best...Game...Ever"

Well here it is, quite possibly the biggest game ever. The sequel that many have been waiting for since 1998. Does it succeed, does it live up to the hype? Yes, and Yes, most definitely.

Gameplay
It is a third person perspective just like Metal Gear Solid. All the old things are still there, but many new elements are added. Enemy AI went way up and tricking guards and avoiding them is much harder now. Also many times guards will have radios, and if they cannot answer them, a new team of guards will be alerted and come looking for your character. Usually these new guards have shields making them harder to kill. This is just one example of the new added elements of the game. Trust me there are many more, but I do not want to ruin them, so you will have to play the game to find them.

Controls
Again all the old moves are still there, but new ones have been added. Now when you aim your weapon, depending are how hard you press the button different things happen. Decided you do not want to fire? Well you better take your finger off the button slowly, otherwise you will fire. Also added are new kick and punch moves. And a move where you can role out of the way of enemies. And finally a first person firing perspective has been added for all guns. And all the controls are intuitive and spot on.

Story
I won't give anything away, but just expect the unexpected (I know that sounds cliched). I will say the story is excellent and better than the first games and of course answers some of the questions from first game, and raises new ones.

Graphics
Phenomenal. Especially the water effects. There are so many details placed in this game, and every time you see something new, ya just feel giddy. I did notice a little bit of ''flickering'' when in first person mode, but hardly anything worth discussing.

Overall
If you own a Playstation 2, this is the game you have been waiting for. Don't own a PS2? Go buy one now and buy this game with it, you won't regret it. This game is unequivocally a masterpiece.

Rent or Buy?
BUY, BUY, BUY (unless of course you aren't 17 yet, cause this game should only be played by the Mature)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/01, Updated 11/19/01