Review by fillup0

"Bargain Bin Classic? You bet."

Ok listen up ladies and gentlemen, I am about to review the best bargain bin classic money can buy in the form of UT, I have never played the PC version or any other game in the series so this game is completely fresh to me.

Almost flawless, when I first started playing, I thought it was the fastest thing ever. The gunplay is great because you move fast and the aiming speed is just right, it is a really fast paced FPS, usually an FPS being fast paced is too hard to manage, but this nails it superbly. So you run around blasting other people in the tournement in a sometimes big, sometimes small arena, superbly simple idea. I did experience some lag though. But that is made up by how fun it is to blast everyone in the name of glory and to see some exaggerated gore.

Lifespan: 7/10

This game contains 50 levels according the the back of the box, the levels take about 5 or 10 minutes to complete, I could probally finish this game in 2 or 3 days. But the multiplayer will keep you going if you have a second dual shock and some friends. I haven't completed it yet due to my X360 taking up my time.

The worst part of the game lies here, I don't know how old the PC version is or what the graphics looked like, but judging from the little screenshots when you hover over a stage, they are better than the PS2 game. This game has basic textures, blocky objects and stuff like that. One plus: The gore is really satisfying.

This game has it all, screams of pain, really big ass sounding guns, sounds when guts get slapped around, an announcer that shouts "Killing spree!" in the cheesiest but most awesome way, this is a reason to buy the game alone.

There is some lag and the campaign is over really soon I think, but multiplayer is great and it is a fast paced game. If you see this lying inside the bargain bin, convince the shopkeeper to let you pay the full price for this classic, or if you are cheap, get it for five english pounds like I did! You will not regret, you'll thank good ol' Phil (me) one day. This game is a classic, as I said earlier.

Yes, a CLASSIC!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/17/08

Game Release: Unreal Tournament (EU, 04/20/01)