Review by SSJVEGITTO

"Unreal Tournament is a good FPS by yourself and with friends"

Many people have played the PC version of Unreal Tournament including myself. They know that the Ps2 version isn't as good as the PC version. But that doesn't mean this isn't a fun game. Unreal Tournament is a FPS, First Person Shooter. The game has no story, but it doesn't really need one. All you do is kill, kill and , kill some more. There are many different characters to pick from in the game. You can choose between men. women, and aliens. They all have basically the same stats, except with different appearances of course. There are about 10 weapons that you can choose from. They are all good except the impact hammer. No matter how hard I try to kill some on with the impact hammer I always get blown away. Only use the impact hammer as a last resort! You can also use a pulse gun, very useful,shock rifle, flak cannon, sniper rifle, and a few more weapons. Playing the game is very fun. you can choose from different modes like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Assault, and Domination.
Deathmatch is what the game is famous for. To win all you
need to do is kill or frag a certain number of people. This may sound easy, but it isn't.
Capture the Flag is more difficult to win in than Deathmatch. You have a team a bots that will do what ever you tell them to do. The best thing for them to do is defend the base. The object of this game is to capture the opposing teams flag a certain number of times.
Assault is extremely fun. It is in my opinion the second best game mode. Again the command a team of bots. the objective of this mode is to storm into a base than after that you have to protect the base against the people you took it from.
Domination is not that fun a game mode to me. You again control a team of bots to hold certain points in the stage. The other team is trying to stop you from taking those points so they can get those points to score. You are suppose to hold a position for 5 seconds in that point to score. To win you might need 75 points to 150.
All the modes above can be played in multiplayer mode.

In most of the game modes you can get power ups amplify damage and make you invisible. If you go to Deathmatch in practice session depending on which board you pick a certain number of bots will play with you. The most is 5 bots.

Controls: 8/10
I won't talk much about controls because it doesn't need to be explained. You can't customze you controls, but you can pick a pre made control setting. The range from letters A-E.
I picked setting E. Just play with all of the controll settings until you find one you like.

The game doesn't really have a story. It has start game. In this you play Deathmatch levels, then Capture the Flag levels, then Domination levels, then Assault levels , and finally challenge. Challenge is one on one deathmatches. against the computer. These can be hard matches. you do four levels of this.

The graphics in the game are good. Their not spectacular, their just good. The lighting effects a nicely done. The framerate drops at times which slows the game down when a lot of people are fighting on screen. This can sometimes get you killed because you might run into someone shooting you. But that is rare. The graphics aren't as good as the PC.

The music in the game is right. It is not distracting or annoying. But you really don't need it. Whenever someone kills someone else a little box in the upper left corner show their face and them saying something such as, medic, you be death, try using a bigger gun, you like that, and more. This is a good feature that I like in the game.

Replayability: 9/10
The replayability in the game is very high because if you think the bots are to easy of hard their are four difficulty setting you can use, Novice, Skilled, Master, and Inhuman. Inhuman will give even the most experienced players a challenge. The game has 50 levels. With this much you'll be playing for a long time.

Buy or Rent: Buy
This is a very game once you deal with its faults. You should get the game used like I did.

Overall Score: 8/10