Review by BAdB0i87

"This game should not be set "under fire""

I got this game used for $20 at CD Warehouse. I came home, inserted the disk and watched the beginning video in awe. I knew at once that this would be a fun game to play.

There's two main things that you can do in this game: Mission (1 Player) or Multi Player. The missions are extremely fun, but somewhat extremely short. The missions do get kind of harder, but it's still just too simple. The very main thing I was excited about was playing the car missions. The car mission resembles Grand Theft Auto 3 except for the fact that you cannot leave your car. But the missiles, rockets, oil slick, machine guns, and smoke screen make up for that. Multi Player is probably the best part about this game featuring four human controllers with the multi tap. You start out with only three different types of modes, but you can earn bonus ones by beating the missions in single player. The downfall to multi player is that you cannot playing against the CPU or ''bots'', which I think really hurts the game. There are many cheat that you can get in Single player by getting a Target Score. At the end of every mission, you will be graded and you will have a final score giving you either a Bronze, Silver, or Gold medal. Once you get a gold medal, you unlock a cheat. You can also earn a platinum medal by getting special 007 icons once you earned the gold, getting the Platinum medal will unlock another cheat. There are many different guns also all ranging from automatic to explosive.

There were many flaws with the graphics. It seemed that EA did not put much detail in to the game graphics. Comparing the graphics from this game to Red Faction is laughable. I really wanted to see the Geo-Mod Technology. Oh year, there is also NO BLOOD in this game. There was even blood in Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64. I'm guessing that EA wanted to keep the rating ''T''. The whole animation was not bad though, everything seemed to go smoothly.

I don't thing I've ever gotten more annoyed of the main theme song. Every time you do a Bond Move, it would play that one part of the theme every time. Beware, there are a LOT of Bond Moves. The characters voices were great, except Bond's was kind of weird since I'm use to Pierce Brosman. Other than that, M's voice was pretty accurate.

Control: 8/10

There are four different control setups that you can use. The joysticks are used to move and turn. There's really not much I can describe in detail about this category.

The question is, ''Can this game be made in to a movie?''. The answer is.... no. The story is real weak and didn't seem to match the whole Bond franchise. I can't really go in to much depth because I don't want to ruin the story for you.

Challenge: 7/10

Beating the game in Single player is easy, but unlocking all the cheats is near impossible. I've only managed to unlock a couple of cheats.

Replay: 10/10

This game is perfect for multi player. With different modes of gameplay and tons of weapons, this should keep you and your buddies up all night. Single player will also keep you playing this game over and over if you really want to complete the game to unlock all the cheats.

Just to some it up, the game is best when played with friends, but still fun to play by yourself. I really recommend renting it first because you might not like the short single player. I'd only buy this game if it was around $20 to $30.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/21/02, Updated 01/07/03