Review by lunchladydoris

"This game makes Anna Nicole look good"

Okay... This game COULD have been good... but it wasn't. It was in fact the worst game I have ever played in my entire life. I wouldn't have even rented it but I received it as a gift. So, if you get one thing from this review it should be ''Stay Away at ALL Costs!''

Okay... enough random bashing. Lets get down to the nitty gritty.

STORY
-o-o-o-o-o-
The story isn't that bad. It revolves around some stupid island and there's mystery involved! Oh Boy! I'm interested already! You also get the choice to befriend/recruit three different characters so the game play vary's a little. There's this big guy, this weird woman, and the most retarded character ever... the guy who plays the harp! But don't get me wrong! It's a magic harp!! (Or was it a flute... by the time I got to him I had already gouged out my eyes so I'm not really sure...) Basically, the story is really bad. I know I said it wasn't but I'm a liar.
Score: 2/10

Game play
-o-o-o-o-o-
You have three players under your control. The main character (Orphen) is the guy that you fully control and the two support characters just stand there for the most part. Yeah... it's really lame, especially when you have the axe guy - He would actually be good. OH! You have spells too! (Hence the Scion of Sorcery thing) But these spells are no ordinary spells, oh no! These spells have the amazing power to do nothing. You can also use a sword that you can power up! WOW! Also, there are these really neat shielding spells that not only disable your ability to attack well, but also make the SCARY monsters you fight cause more damage.
Score: 1/10

Graphics
-o-o-o-o-o-
I don't usually think that graphics are that big of a deal. This is perhaps the one section of the game that wasn't an abomination against humanity. The characters looked smooth for the most part; the only bad part was the awkward lighting. The game takes place at night and the the developers must not have much practice with night lighting. The underground sequences looked much better because there were lanterns and stuff and not just light emanating from a rock (maybe the rocks are supposed to be magic...).
Score: 5/10

Sound
-o-o-o-o-o-
Earlier I stated that I gouged out my eyes. After hearing the voice overs in this game, I took my then removed eyes and stuck them in my ears. It's that bad. The background music is tolerable... okay it's really not, but compared to the voice overs the music sounds like a masterpiece. Sound, like graphics, usually don't matter to me, but this is ridiculous.
Score: 0/10

Conclusion
-o-o-o-o-o-
I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to die a horrible death. DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!! Only rent this game if you want a good laugh.

Reviewer's Score: 1/10 | Originally Posted: 06/13/03, Updated 06/13/03